can winamp be beaten?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by C.S.J, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

WMP 10 is not bad at all. In fact I prefer this over Winamp. The best Winamp IMHO is 2.91 or 2.81 whatever it was. Musicmatch was good but it also became a bloatware. Doesn't suite me at all. For my simple needs I'm happy with WMP 10 and for playing videos I have Jetaudio.

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

There is an other one which i used before MusikCube; called Apollo. It has an interesting concept regarding playlist and suports as far as i know DSP Winamp Plugins.
    http://koti.welho.com/hylinen/apollo/
    They thay it has the best sound of all players.

3. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

4. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i need winamp since its got the best features and the main one i need is music library with awesome searching . i can type a folder name and i get what i want. i tried music cube and it seems so queer. I started to like it right up until i could not search for a folder name. if i type 12 girls band i get nothing because there are no "FILES" with that in the name . . QUEER

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

If you tag your mp3 properly you will find them. Seams you have no Artist tag.

6. asyland

asyland Registered Member

I still use Winamp for radio, but I like XMPlay for my music files. There's no installation, it's light on resources, and it supports Winamp plugins, right now I'm using Jammix Enhancer for my DSP. If you can get past the dull interface and inferior skins, it's a great player.

7. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

lots of my music have file names like track 1.mp3 and i dont tag my files if i were i would be here for the next 6 years . . so the face Winamp searches by folder and file and tag everything lets me still find my music if i want 2pac, when i search 2pac it finds filenames foldernames and tags etc so i get my music 12 girls band the file names are in chinese . . the folder i put them in is called 12 girls band and so when i search for 12 gir . . it shows up

8. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

9. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=867104&postcount=11

ive been using a lot of xmplay lately. reasons, youve already mentioned. i like the fact that its settings are stored in an ini file, (except for file associations of course). i quite like the native skin.;)

10. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

It's been mentioned a few times - first in my post (see KFNK's link above) and in some ensuing posts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.