Can we restore an archive from external hdd

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Pyro7, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyro7

Pyro7 Registered Member

Hi Friends,

I have backed up my friends computer using Paragon Backup and Recovery 2011 and stored the Archive file to my external Seagate hdd. Now when i try to recover the Archive on a virtual machine in vmware using the paragon boot up disc, it does not detect my external hdd even though if i have the usb running on my vm.

Can archives backed up on another computer be restored in virtual machines?

Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It is possible to restore backup in Virtual Machine .
    But (!) Linux-based Recovery CD may not have proper drivers to detect VMs USB-connected drive.

I would recommend the following: share the External drive with backup and adjust VM settings to be able to view the shared drive.
    Then use Network Configuration wizard from Paragon Recovery CD to mapp the network drive.
    In the Restore wizard select the archive located on network to restore.

3. Pyro7

Pyro7 Registered Member

Ok here is what i did

1. Created a new win 7 vm with 200 gb hdd. C drive to 65 gb and the rest to D.
    2. Rebooted the virtual machine with Paragon recovery and recovered the Archive file from drive D.
    3. It showed successful recovery but the system does not start instead it gives blue screen of death :(

Is there anything wrong with Archive itself?

4. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

You may need to do the P2V Adjust Wizard, that will help adjust the OS inside the virtual drive.

5. Pyro7

Pyro7 Registered Member

Thanks, I will try p2v adjust and let you know if this worked. Thanks a lot friends :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.