Can we please get a truecrypt forum or ban TRUECRYPT posts

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by ComputerSaysNo, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry but they are polluting the privacy forums with these people posting truecrypt problems can we get a Truecrypt forum and ban Truecrypt posts from privacy, they are ruining a very good set of forums with their rubbish.:thumbd:

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Please elaborate how Truecrypt posts are rubbish or irrelevant to privacy. Especially since they're in privacy problems, not privacy technology or privacy general.

3. Well.... There is a official Truecrypt forum they should post there, they will get a better answer.

Plus most of the Truecrypt posts are because of broken or "corrupted" Truecrypt volumes, they offer nothing to this forum and just clutter it up with useless rubbish: All 3 privacy forums are polluted with Truecrypt posts, it's getting unbearable to read the forums without some noob posting a Truecrypt problem.

Once again there is an official Truecrypt forum, users should be advised to go there.

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

There are plenty of post in forums here about other programs that also have official forums elsewhere. Perhaps they come here because they get results? Don't know that for sure but it is a thought. We do have a lot of experts that hang out here.

Seems to me, anyone who reads those threads could nicely point them to the TrueCrypt forum. I don't see a need to ban them. I normally skip those thread here, unless something in the subject catches my interest.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

And what is a "noob" exactly?
    Should there be a ban for anyone who does not have a degree in CS III?
    Mrk

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

True enough, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for answers elsewhere as well.

Okay, I missed some in privacy technology, but it isn't to the extent where they should be banned. Also, newbies are a part of any society.

Sure, but I don't see how it's such a unbearable issue that can't be ignored.

7. Then what's the merit of a user's to join the forums? I don't see anything wrong with helping users in need of help. Also you have a freedom of avoid them altogether.

8. x942

x942 Guest

IMHO I think we need some forums for encryption though. Like this:

Encryption Tools

Encryption News

Encryption Issues

As Encryption falls under both Privacy and Security it would be benifical to have it's own forum.

9. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I agree with x942. Though I think it's unnecessary to have three subforums, one would be fine.

10. dantz

dantz Registered Member

I agree as well. A separate encryption forum would be better for everyone concerned.

11. Yes agreed, a seperate encryption forum would be a good idea.

12. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I also agree that a separate encryption forum would be good. Where to post questions would be much clearer for new visitors.

And it's all dantz's fault! He's been so helpful that Wilders has become the top destination for people with Truecrypt problems ;)

13. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Yes, and that might actually be a problem. If we set up a separate encryption forum I'm concerned that everyone might expect me to be the one who answers their TrueCrypt-related posts. Hey, suppose I need some time off? I can't commit to being there all of the time. We would need greater participation by other knowledgeable users.

And it's true that the TrueCrypt forums would be a better place for some of the help requests we're seeing. I'm somewhat active there too, but I much prefer the Wilders board because it is so much more efficient. The TrueCrypt forums have a lot of limitations: Posts can't be edited or deleted once they are posted. Active threads do NOT move to the top, so they tend to become buried and lost. You can't post or attach images (which is a huge disadvantage for problem solving). There are no email notifications or PM's or other user-related tools. And finally, many users aren't even able to join the Problems forums because of restrictions related to the type of email address they provide. Wilders is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

14. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

As is the case with any suggestion, we'll take it under advisement. However, forum operations aren't something which are up to a popular vote.

With that said, the suggestions, comments, and additional points are noted and will vbe considered over time. At this time, the thread is closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.