Can We Have A Malware Links Forum??

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by arran, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

Request to all forums Admins is it possible to have a malware links forum on Wilders? We need a malware links forum so as people can post links to malware urls and zip files etc. Castle Cops had such a forum so why can't Wilders have one as well?

With castle cops gone this is realy the only decent security website on the net or one of a very few. And with members here always trying and testing out security software it makes it very difficult if we don't have any malware to test the security products with.

I understand that its because wilders doesn't want newbies to get infected by clicking on a malware link. But what if the forum name had something like.
    WARNING LIVE MALWARE LINKS in here??

What are peoples thoughts?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sorry arran, but the answer is a definite No.

We will not provide malware in any form to the general public. And, as far as I know, CastleCops did not either. Yes, they had a place for malware to be deposited, but, did not allow any and all people who wandered by to download it. I believe they only allowed authorized experts to have such access. If they did allow just anyone to download such files then that would surprise me, but, it won't change the fact that we will not do such a thing here. In fact, it is illegal to host malware trading where Wilders Security is located, and it's against our Hosting company's Terms of Service, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.