Can we expect a new version anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by rerun2, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Was just curious if there is any word to the next CS release?

Would the next release be a major release or a small release?

I for one just want to see a bug fixed :doubt:

I know the DiamondCS team is already very busy (with PG, WG, and TDS), I just hope that they dont forget about CS ;)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi rerun2, CryptoSuite is Jason's personal "baby" he works on it in his free time, so releases tend to be quite small rather than full version updates, especially with all the other up and coming upgrades to be completed.

BTW what was the particular bug you wanted fixed ?

Thanks. Pilli

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i thought new release come out on wed lol all he adding is the graph thinghy

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze,

Are you talking about that Benchmark:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47656

That was not an upgrade for CryptoSuite, just only a public benchmark beta, not a replacement for CS.
    Sorry if you understood that the wrong way...

Cheers, Jan.

5. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Back in May I informed Jason of a bug that occurs with (very) large self extracting exe files that are encrypted with CS. When the encrypted self extracting exe file is selected it would cause my computer to go very slowly and Windows would alert me that virtual memory is low. A few moments after Windows processes will begin to crash one by one, sometimes resulting in a blue screen. Jason informed me that he was able to recreate the problem and that a fix should be available in the next release if necessary. Probably not that serious as it is rare to have to encrypt a large enough file to trigger this bug. And of course if one ever needs to, they can just encrypt the file with the self extracting exe option turned off.

I do not mean to push for a new release, especially considering how sensitive encryption is, and especially if a large feature is being implemented in the next release (like encrypted containers... hint hint heh)... but considering how ETA's are pushed in the TDS and PG forums... I didnt want CS to feel left out.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Rerun2, I am sure Jason will take note of your post. :)

Pilli

7. Mr.Blaze

ohhhhh i really thought bench mark thinghy was going to be added to crypto suit sorry i jumped the gun but it looks cool was =hopeing it be in crypto suit

8. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I'm not too sure how long it will take, but there has been some major stuff added, there is now a new tab in the main program which at the moment allows you to select registry and files/folders to securely delete in a batch kind of a way. For instance a lot of people find they are always secure deleting certain temp directories and things like that, which people can easily do once now and with the click of one button in the future they can clean all areas they want. In the future some generic anti-keylogger/anti-spyware cleaning might be added here to help prevent password and data loss by third parties.

There has also been speed improvements in the file decryption when dealing with large archives and a lot of other tweaks and fixes. The benchmark has also been removed from the main CryptoSuite program and is now it's own separate program (still included with CryptoSuite though).

9. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Good to hear Jason. Take your time and keep up the good work!

My curiousity has officially been quenched heh.

10. Mr.Blaze

thats way cool :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.