Can True Image see HP SCSI DAT Drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ctein, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ctein

Ctein Registered Member

5/13/05

Dear Folks,

Can Acronis True Image write directly to a SCSI DAT tape drive? It's an HP SureStore DAT24, and under Win2K (SP4), this drive does NOT get assigned a drive letter. Still, Retrospect and Novastor can see it and write to it. Computer Management/Device Manager reports the drive is alive and well, with current drivers, under "Tape Drives/HP C1537A SCSI Sequential Device"

I downloaded tape.exe from the Acronis web site. Running it produces the following one-line report:

"Found tape \\.\tape0"

But, the drive doesn't show up on the list of locations I can save an image to when I run Acronis' Create Image Wizard. I can't figure out how to direct the backup image to the tape drive.

Yes, I'm running the most current build of ATI.

Thanks!

pax / Ctein
    ==========================================
    -- Ctein's Online Gallery http://www.ctein.com
    -- Digital Restorations http://photo-repair.com
    ==========================================

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ctein,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regert to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support DAT tape drives. We will implement this feature in future versions of Acronis True Image. As a workaround you may create the images on the hard drive and then copy it to the tape with your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.