can true image image a flash drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rayguy, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayguy

rayguy Guest

Can i use True image to create an image of a flash drive?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, you could try it and see. However, since flash drives are small and only hold data, just copying the contents might be a more practical way to back one up.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rayguy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Usually flash drives are seen as removable media. Acronis True Image doesn't create images of removable media. But if your flash drive is recognized as a hard drive Acronis True Image will certainly create the image of it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. rayguy

rayguy Guest

Thank you for both of your comments. My interest in imaging the drive is that I use it to carry an encrypted password program which will not allow it's data file to be copied to another drive. I believe that imaging the drive will allow me to backup my passwords and use them on any computer I encounter.

Thanks!

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I have a 256MB USB 2.0 pen drive (Captiva) onto which I've created the bootable rescue media (I'm happy to say it works!!). However, out of interest, I've just tried to image it but find that it's not visible to the Create Image Wizard. My guess is that you'll have a hard time finding a flash drive that's detected as a hard disk.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.