Can TI 11 make bootable DVDs from an existing image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Luminous, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminous

Luminous Registered Member

It would be really great if you could take an existing image that was made by Acronis and make some bootable DVDs from that image.

For me it would be amazingly useful to do this. My mum has Aconis, I take an external drive to her to store her backups. This drive lives at my property as an offsite secure backup. The problem is when she wants to do a restore I have to make a special trip, or post my expensive HDD.

A magic pack of discs arriving by post that just need to be fed into the machine one at a time would be of great benefit.

Anyone know how I can make a set of these from an image I have sitting in front of me?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I think there was an entire thread devoted to doing this. If memory serves you have to make use of something like UltraISO that allows you to add files after the fact to an existing dvd. Of course you then have to burn a new dvd with the added files.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I don't think an existing backup image on a HDD can be split up into DVD sized parts after the event. The splitting should be done at the time of creation of the image and then the DVDs burned either drirectly or from a HDD.

A "magic" pack of DVDs unfortunately will need a bit more attention than just restoring from them one by one.
    If the image spans more than three or four dvds the amount of disk swapping forms the basis of a juggler's training program.
    A way round this is to first copy the DVDs to another HDD and restore from there.

I am not really qualified to comment on DVD backups and restores because I am not happy using them as backup media for a variety of reasons. I keep my DVDs with my A/V equipment where they belong :).

Xpilot

4. Luminous

Luminous Registered Member

OK, thanks people :)

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

For a Christmas present, give your Mom her own external drive.

If necessary, then teach her how to do her own restores.

This would give her an very gratifying feeling!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.