Can this be true?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by one111, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one111

one111 Registered Member

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi one111,

Some AVs do well against known trojan signatures, some don't. Some ATs work on the basis of signatures, some don't. An AV or AT that uses signature detection will never be able to detect the new kid on the block trojan because no one yet knows the signature. Fast forward to heuristics, which uses general patterns and behavior instead of signatures to detect, and remove a trojan with no known signature. Not all ATs nor AVs are capable of removing the trojans they detect. Not all ATs/AVs detect the trojans they should.

The effort to keep up on a competitive basis sucks up lots of resources just to keep even with breaking threats - thus, the decision by Diamond CS to discontinue TDS-3/4 development for more productive use of resources and hopefully better security in their products on a competitive basis.

-- Tom

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

its just a antitrojan test and it questions the necessity of using an anti-trojan with ur traditional antvirus. for me, i still use layered security and i dont pay much attention to tests.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  4. one111

one111 Registered Member

Thanks to both of you

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Unless I missed it BoClean is not listed. Well worth using along with a good AV.

BoClean is my last line of defense for anything a "good" AV does not get.

I do like the answers given by others too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.