Can this be done with Acronis True Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rockrz, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

First off, just wanted to let you fellas know that Acronis True Image is a fabulous product! I've used it extensively while I was experimenting with tweaking my PC for the best possible performance and several times I had the registry so screwed up my machine wouldn't boot.

But, about 8 minutes later, Acronis True Image had me back up and running...

Quick question...

I use the secure zone and I'm setup where all I have to do is hit F11 when booting to get into the recovery console to restore my system.

But, I also has a regular back up file (not in the secure zone) that I keep on 2 external drives.

My question is this... If I ever needed to, can I use my boot disc and recover from the backup file I have on one of my external drives?

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Yes you can do that because when you are doing a restore you can indicate the location of the backup and it does not have to be in the 'secure zone'.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rockrz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

There is no difference between booting from Acronis Bootable CD and by pressing F11 key. The loader, environment, etc. are absolutely the same. The CD is usually used when your hard disk failed and you cannot use Acronis Sartup Recovery Manager (that is launched by pressing F11 during the boot process).

Of course, in both cases you may restore the image wherever it is stored: in Acronis Secure Zone, on CDs/DVDs, on HDD (if you are not restoring it to the same place where the image is stored), on network share etc. All you need is to indicate where the image is stored.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.