can this be accurate shields up showing all ports stealthed (i have no router)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by winterlord, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

all im usin right now is online armor pro i dont have any type of router and was wondering cause i did this test just for the heck ofd it it detected all ports where stealth and i did not see a single pop-up from my software based firewall. could this be accurate?

2. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Was that firewall at least temporarily configured to log blocked/all activity? Do you see the attempted connections in the log? That is one way to confirm that the packets were hitting your software firewall. You can also check what was logged against what ports were checked in order to look for cases where your ISP may be blocking things before they get to your software firewall. Some ISPs block some well known ports as a protection mechanism or to deter people from running servers on consumer level service.

Normally, one wouldn't want to be prompted to allow arbitrary incoming connections, especially where there was no application actually listening on the destination point. It would be too noisy. Prompts and allows would be configured selectively. You "stealth" your ports when you want to ignore, and not respond to, unsolicited traffic. So no prompting for stealthed ports makes sense.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, i'm using ZA vZoneAlarm version:5.5.062.000 :D with no Router either, & i get FS from SU too :) with NO popups from ZA. I wouldn't expect any though. What i do see in the FW log though is ALL the blocked attempts :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.