Can TDS-3 detect and destroy Hacker Defender?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by nadirah, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I'm sure some people here may know of a rootkit trojan called Hacker Defender. Is TDS-3 capable of detecting and eliminating hacker defender?

2. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I have used it to remove some versions of hacker defender but like all open source trojans or rootkits there are new varieties coming out daily if not hourly and NO anti-trojan will always detect them

the only guaranteed way is using something like PG to prevent the installation in the first place

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi nadirah, Yes it can detect many Hacker Defender version up to and including 1.00i.
    Rootkits are one of the latest types of malware and probably the most dangerous at the moment, fortunately there are not many in the wild but this will change when they become freely available, if they are no already.
    Some rootkits can stealth themselves completely once run, your AV, AT and firewall are useless, in this case you may as well reformat as they are virtually impossible to remove.
    This is one of the reasons why ProcessGuard was developed, as these nasties can only be stopped by protecting the kernel from change.
    The best preventitive program for rootkits is ProcessGuard as it can stop them from working in at least two ways using it's kernel mode driver protection.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.