can`t remove Script Sentry error message 70

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by frank47, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank47

frank47 Registered Member

Guys heres what I did.First a reg clean,then a search for sentry,deleted that.

When i found this gave me a problem tried to restore everything,but sentry pops up and wont let me.

2. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Frank I'm sorry that I suggested Regseeker. I had a similar situation and it worked for me. Of course I only removed what was directly tied to the problem.

3. frank47

No appology necessary .Im j :mad: ust to nervy to work on a computer.

4. frank47

William, alls right with the world ,I did a restore back to original problem which is livable WHEW!!!!!!.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

You may want to consider a re-install.....re-boot----un-install

6. frank47

Sorry Snowman dont follow you. Do you mean the script sentry?If thats what you mean,i did that now I have it twice and cant get rid of it.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Guest

As thought...you got a real mess.

Nope...can't install the same program twice...the second install will overwrite the first install...therefore......you got a mess!!!!...an its going to come back to haunt you unless you clean it up...........
    I didn't read the entire thread...don't intend to either.....much to long.....besides..now that you used the registry as a play ground there is no telling what condition your computer is in or if the program you are trying to removed is to be removed normally........now...you may not have any choice but to finish the job by way of the registry so.......

INSTALL: RegCleaner

once install:

OPEN REGCLEANER.......look for tab titled " START-UP LIST".......check to see if ANYTHING related to script sentry is ther...if so REMOVE by "checking" and the pressing "remove" note: an suto back-up will be made......."later you remove it"...

now...open the tab titles "un-install menu".....if there is ANY listing on Script Sentry........check the entry and remove it.............

now find the tab titled "software" look for anything on script sentry and remove it........

anything you removed is in the :BACKUP:........any problem all can be re-stored from there....

re-boot.........for the most part you are nearly done...but not complete...before going any further,,,,,,,do as has been posted.......ONLY AS HAS BEEN POSTED...

its late...I'm tired......wont be here much longer.....

8. thesnowman

thesnowman Guest

frank

looks like you had already left by the time this was posted......so you will have to finish this up on your own unless some else offers you their help.......
    there is a chance that your system is corrupt......if so..it will let you know sooner or later................may even need to re-format......hope for the best........

may want to post which operating system you are using......seeya.....

9. frank47

Thanks Snowman,I can tell you didnt read the whole thread.Reg cleaner got me in trouble.couldnt restore anything I backed up because of script sentry.So I did a system restore,which brought me back to "normal". My system isnt really screwed up I can work around the sentry,just an extra step.OS XP home sp1 Thanks for interest.

10. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

it probablt removed or corrupted the windows script. go to windos update do a search for windows script 5.6. download it and install. this should clear up the script problem. assuming you still have the script sentry removed with regseeker. i have that prg also. handy but you need to know what your doing. try the windows script 5.6 and see if that dont fix it.

11. frank47

Scott i dont have sentry removed with reg seeker.I did a system restore because it was worse without it,and i couldnt restore it any other way.So I assume it wouldnt be wise to download the5.6?

12. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi frank47,

The only reason the ScriptSentry app would need to be running is to check to see if the file associations it uses are still in place. In a HijackThis log, the entry would look like this.
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScriptSentry] C:\PROGRAM FILES\SCRIPT SENTRY\SCRIPTSENTRY.exe /check
    It is not necessary to remove the entry with HijackThis. Open ScriptSentry, click the File button, then click on Configure. Next, click on the File Associations tab. Click on the Check None button. This will remove ScriptSentry's association with the listed file types. While you are there, uncheck the two boxes concerning file associations. Click the OK button, then the Exit button. You should now be able to remove ScriptSentry using normal procedures.

While, I am on 98SE, I wouldn't think the procedure would differentiate much, if at all.

HTH.

Best wishes,
    VV

13. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i might be wrong here, but if it was removed, even though it was giving you probs, thats when you get the windows script 5.6 and install it to reset the scripts. not positive itll work in your case but i had a similar incident happen and installing the windows script 5.6 fixed up my prob. oh, and another possibility might be, while sentry is gone run chkdisk. it usually will fix the problems. i also did this once when i had deleted something that had associations and things got screwy. it fixed it up too. i would give one or both of these a shot, what could it hurt.

14. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

im sorry; i havent read the whole of this thread, im very very exhausted, and have an horrible headache. im just replying incase theres still a problem, and the link below may help. i hope it does help, if not, sorry.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=41288

15. frank47

VV, YOU HAD ME ALL EXCITED .BUT IT DIDNT WORK.ERROR 70. CAN I REMOVE IT FROM LOG WITHOUT ANY PROLEMS?

16. frank47

Thanks Viet nam Vet,from old sailor.I couldnt uninstall it ,but your instructions rendered it harmless.Thanks again to all you great contributers.

17. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi frank47,

Sorry you were unable to get ScriptSentry removed from your system. Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind, why do you want it removed? Is it giving you some kind of problem? If so, if you give a few details about the problem, maybe someone will be able to help you in that regard.

I removed ScriptSentry using the entry in Add/Remove from my system today without removing the file associations or disabling the autocheck and reassociation protection just to see what would happen. Most of the app uninstalled, then it gave me a message about a couple of components that could not be removed. It informed me that a batch file had been created in the Temp folder and instructed me to run the batch file to finish the uninstall procedure. I did so, and it finished uninstalling, except for a couple of registry entries. After a reboot, I ran a vbs script that ScriptSentry always intercepted before and it ran as it should, so I would have to say the uninstall here worked as expected without any problems.

At least your file associations appear to be back to the way they were prior to the installation of ScriptSentry. While that may have taken a layer of protection away, I guess only you can decide if that is a workable solution for you.

Best wishes,
    VV

18. frank47

HI VV
    IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUERIES,FIRST I DONT KNOW WHY I INSTALLED IT .SECOND IT WAS CREATING A NUSIANCE WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN ANYTHING I SAVED IN WORD(UNTILL YOUR ADVICED CLEARED THAT UP.)THIRD IM HAPPY NOW IT NO LONGER INTERFERES,SO IT CAN STAY ON MY PC.THE BIGGEST LAUGH IS AFTER I UNCHECKED ALL THAT YOU SAID,IT NO LONGER SHOWS UP IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM.FIGURE THAT OUT.THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.