Can Spywarebalster sort my kids out !!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Huwge, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

My daughters use my PC for net access now and the eldest has been going to some sites for pics of her latest heartthrob. In doing this she picked a few nasties that Adaware found. Will SB prevent things like VX2 being downloaded onto the PC?. Im running Win98SE atm with NOD32, Adaware and Sygate. So seconds question....any likely conflicts ?

Thanks in advance

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

1)SB would be a wonderful addition to your arsenal as far as layered protection goes. As for VX2 BHO's....SB with it's latest database....has 5 variants of that adware covered.

2)Given the fact that SpywareBlaster is a passive program....not an active program. Once you run the program....make the selections you want....you are free to close the program down. That in itself should give no cause for conflicts.

According to what browser you use....there are other layers of protection you might want to consider.

3. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

if by any chance you do get the vx2 on your system there is a removal tool to get rid of it.

4. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Seems that Adaware has removed VX2. Is the removal too, you refer to the one frm thr Lavasoft website ?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm not quite sure what your asking but maybe I'm close :(

SpywareBlaster has 5 variants of VX2 in it's ActiveX(clsid) database that will prevent those from installing.

I do not know the actual number of variants of VX2 Adaware scans for and attempts to remove....but there are quite a few in it's database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.