Can someone tell me if I configured Proxomitron and JAP correctly?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Corrupted, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrupted

Corrupted Registered Member

Sorry for the newbie questions, however I'd like to know if I configured both correctly. I'm also running Firefox with it. OK here goes:

1) I manually configured firefox's proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 for HTTP and SSL

2) I configured the proxy for Proxomitron to be 127.0.0.1 port 4001 (I believe this points it to JAP)

3) I didn't configure JAP at all (yet). Not sure what to do. My level of anonymity is "fair". Is there a way to increase? Also anything else I should configure with JAP?

Please let me know if I had the right concepts down. Also, if you recommend any changes and/or additions to any of these, please let me know. I'm always happy with the help offered here and I truly appreicate it. Thanks again.

2. Corrupted

Corrupted Registered Member

Another question...

I also read somewhere that I should not allow Firefox (via my Firewall) to directly access the Internet. However when I deny it (and running Proxomitron and JAP at the same time)...I cannot access the Internet at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.