can someone tell me how to retreive deleted folder

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by frank47, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank47

frank47 Registered Member

I have recuva ,and restoration.I can retrieve jpg images.But have never been able to retrieve a folder.I made a test folder ,deleted it,and the only thing that came up with the date I deleted it is.attached.I lost my phone book and can't get it back.What am I doing wrong?Thanks

Attached Files:

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Data recovery utilities work in different ways.Some,like Recuva,will find individual files but not preserve the folder structure.Getdataback by Runtime will recover any lost files within their original folders,it's not free however.I'm not sure if there's a free utility that'll do that,I'd need to do some research to be sure.

3. frank47

Thanks Andyman.

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

http://softperfect.com/products/filerecovery/

Freeware and works well enough. The only thing is, you must use it right away to ensure it grabs the files before they get written over. The longer you wait, the greater odds recovered files can be corrupted. My wife once deleted a lot of pics. I used it perhaps a few days later. I would say 10% of the pics had already been written on causing some corruption.

There are other tools but this might work in a pinch.

Sul.

5. frank47

thanks My problem is I cant recognize anything.Files look like this Don't know how to handle that.

Attached Files:

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I just noticed there's an option in Recuva under 'Actions' to restore folder structure that I don't recall seeing in earlier versionso_O

I always found it to be quite decent at finding lost files but doesn't have the degree of options,understandably since it's free,of my own favourite Easeus Data Recovery Wizard.

7. frank47

Thanks Andy I'll check that out . I just realized I have old beta version.

8. frank47

My problem Andy I don't know what I'm reading.But to repeat I made a test folder and deleted it and todays date doesn't come in the scan results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.