can someone look at this and tell me what else i need

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by winterlord, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

ok i have outpost firewall pro and a-squarded anti-malware pro. however i noticed that alot of great features dont work on x64 windows 7.

so i am wondering what else should i be running. below is a note directly from a-sqaureds website about the antimalware software.

a-squared Anti-Malware runs on Windows XP, Vista, as well as on 2003/2008 Servers in all 32 bit editions. On x64-systems the scanner and OnExecution guard work very well, but the behavior blocking module (Malware-IDS) does not run currently.

thanks
    winter

oh also if i need a reguler antivirus scanner then would mcafee work? i can get it for free from comcast, however i dont want to use it if it is a known peice of garbage or if there is somthin better.

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Hi, nobody can TELL you what you need, only advise.

Having said that, sounds like you need x32 lol

3. winterlord

well is the antimalware good enough for realtime protection>? or do i need somthin else fr protection? not worried bout speed. got a core i7 920@3.6ghz 6gb ram ect :) but i do worry bout viruses

4. A-squared plus Outpost should be quite good enough I would think, especially considering that Outpost has a HIPS. Adding McAffee would just slow your computer down, and potentially cause bad things to happen.

Basically, as long as you don't do anything spectacularly stupid, you should be set.

5. winterlord

well do i need a realtime scanne rhtough sinc ea-sqauds dont work with 64bit. i dont nessicarily have to use mcafee. and in fact i definatly wont be using it cause it's a security sut wich i don need all that. so

but am still wonderin if i need a reguler realtime scanner since

and that is straight off the website. but im not sure what to make of that

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

7. winterlord

ok thanks. just added it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.