Can someone help me with setting up Xerobank

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by thebeasters, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebeasters

thebeasters Registered Member

I have used TOR and mostly JAP recently, and decided maybe to do a VPN instead b/c I did rent one from a different company and liked it, but I think Xerobank might be a better service.

Ok so I install per the instructions and what happens is that when installing the software it says "Windows can't authenticate the TAP WIN 32 V9 , would you like to install anyway". I click yes. So this creates a network connection that is "unplugged".

I have confirmed in the device driver it is working properly, as well as made sure it was enabled. When the program tries to connect to "best effort" it has a huge log but fails to connect. I read in the xerobank forums someone with the same problem but no one posted the solution and customer service has been slow getting to me. I also tried the alternative install with just downloading OPENVPN and installing the xerobank files into the config folder. Same thing. A network connection that is "unplugged"

FWIW, I have a Windows XP SP3. Any advice would be great, I am tearing my hair out.

2. thebeasters

I've even tried to register on your site with me gmail and htomail. No activiation email has been sent. I have resent and resent over and over. Nothing in spam, nothing in inbox.

Xerobank makes it really really hard to be a customer with them.

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Post your question at the xerobank forum. This should be an easy fix.

4. thebeasters

Steve I have tried to register with those forums with my gmail, yahoo, and hotmail accounts. I have sent the activation email over and over to each account.

I have not received the email in any inbox, spam box or otherwise. I don't know what is going on. I can't pm you either. Can you please assist me here.

5. SteveTX

I'm afraid I can't assist you here, can you send me a private message from your wilders account? It seems strange that you can't PM from wilders, get emails from a website, or get emails from support. Send me a private email to steve period topletz at xero bank period com.

6. thebeasters

I have sent you an email from thebeasters dot gmail dot com.

I did receive an email from support with very generic questions which I am probably beyond at this point. Hope to hear from you soon.

7. SteveTX

Got your message. Glad to hear support got to you as well.

8. Prazak

Prazak Registered Member

Read lots of posts here about XeroBank, read other forums, got psyched to check out the XBrowser, only to find out that . . . Mac users need not apply?

What a bummer.

Any recommendations for similar products that work for Mac?

9. SteveTX

Funny you should ask. There is nothing of equivalence for mac that is a standalone browser. You could use xB Machine, which runs on mac via VMWare.

However, I just had a chat with one of our other developers. We've just formulated the ultimate incarnation of the xerobank software, and it will run on any OS, allegedly including even citrix and iphone and windows mobile. we'll see. more development and testing to do till then.

10. RCER

RCER Registered Member

Hi Steve,

I have a similar problem with the installation of Xerobank.

two days ago I signed up for a 30 day trial. When I launch the xB installer,
    I am requested to provide the deposit account number. After this is entered the installer requests a PIN code which I don't have, and for this reason I cannot complete the account setup.

I have already send two support tickets to xBank, but so far have received "0" response.

Also have tried to register on the xBank forum, but for some reason am not receiving the forum activation e-mail (this after several repeated attempts)

Hope that you can point me in the right direction, or provide me with a telephone number so I can talk to somebody from tech support.

Regards
    RCER:(

11. SteveTX

It wants the Access Account #, not the deposit account number, for when you are setting up the software. That should be all it needs. Are you talking about a login on the website, or the software setup?

12. RCER

RCER Registered Member

Hi Steve,

1. I am talking about the software setup

2. I was never provided an account number, the only number I received after payment confirmation was the deposit number. How do I recover the account # ?

3. And do you have any Idea what I need to to to active the XBank forum registration?

Regards
    RCER:doubt:

13. SteveTX

1. OK. Yes, it definitely wants the Access Account.

2. Sadly, it was the first account number you received, and is not recoverable if it is not known to you, as it is a secret from us. Contact me by email and I'll help you get a new account with both numbers. In my opinion, this is a checkout flaw. Not because it doesn't show it, but because it doesn't take account of a user who doesn't read every single detail. So I've helped them redesign the checkout, and that will be implemented shortly too. :)

3. forum is moving. will be moved probably later today or tom. after that we will resetup sendmail service. sendmail will fix the registration problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.