Can someone explain what does each AH do?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by GrammatonCleric, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Can someone explain to me what does each Advanced Heuristic module does in each portion of Real-Time scanner?
    AH option in ThreatSense what does it do and what does ThreatSense takes care of?
    AH option in AdditionalThreatSense Parameters of rnewly created and modified files (well ok kinda self explanatory here)

And finally

Advance Heuristics in Advanced Setup?

I am coming from 2.7 and been using 2.7 since it went from 1.0 so I need a bit of help here.

[​IMG]

2. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

I just don't understand the differences between the 1st one and the 3rd one.

the 2nd one means if you unpack sth or trojan droper create sth , those new-born files will be scan with AH. And if you're using the 1st one AH , esch program we used will scan with AH when they are running. so I don't suggest you to set up this AH.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The first one is for file access (e.g. if you access the file over network, or if you view it in an editor, etc.). The latter applies for cases when you run files. There's an analogy with system permissions - you can set read or read & execute permissions for files/folders.

4. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

thanks a lot.
    If there is a infected file in my computer, and I run it carelessly. which one charge this situation?

5. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Ok then can someone explain to me what AH option will offer me the best protection with the least resource impact?

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That would just be "default" settings. But in this day and age most modern fast/dual core computers can handle AH with no significant impact. I have it all on except for runtime packers in realtime as I feel this is unnecessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.