Can SAS and MBAM run together ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mack Jones, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification :)
    AV+MBAM on access is overkill too ?
    For instance in my setup, Malwarebytes will detect nasties NOD32 don't pick up. Am I right ?

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

AV + MBAM On-Access -OR- AV + SAS On-Access is tolerable.

BUT

AV+ MBAM On-Access + SAS On-Access
    is a Waste of Resources
    for a minimal Incremental protection!

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Agreed. Having a regular AV with either MBAM or SAS will suffice. Having them all enabled in real-time will cripple your computer to pieces.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have been running SAS Pro real time and MBAM on demand and find that arrangement the best. I tried running MBAM Pro real time and SAS Pro on demand and MBAM Pro caused difficulties on bootup for me. It hogged resources loading up. I tried delaying it's loading for 60 seconds, and that helped, but every time I upgraded I'd have to do it over. A pain in the butt. SAS causes no problems on bootup.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

At times I have run SAS Pro, MBAM, and an AV all real time. I have had no problem with resources. All works well together and no slowdowns except when SAS opens it ties up my system for a minute or so. For that reason I don't normally run SAS Pro except on demand.

I often wonder why some are so worried about system resources. Since I don't experience any problems or slowdowns that I notice I couldn't care a whit about resources. In fact I am more concerned about security than efficiency. Of course, if one can have both fine.

So run them both if your system doesn't have problems.

Although off topic, an illustration is that I have been a hunter until the last few years when age has taken its toll. When I would choose a hunting rifle I did it on the basis of need including velocity. Some are always preaching efficiency, but my intent was to obtain terminal performance even at the expense of efficiency. It worked for me.

So it is with computers. I want security more than efficiency.
    I realize that some will argue that security can be obtained without SAS and MBAM running together real time. Others will say that only an AV is necessary. My own experience causes me to reject the latter so I will run at least an AV and MBAM, which I consider the best, together. Also I am not experiencing any problems with Mamutu in the mix.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Thanks for sharing your experience Jerry !
    I'm trying MBAM and NIS yet, everything seems to run properly, no slowdown whatsoever.

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

@Mack Jones,
    Nice to see that you have finally decided a good security setup. MBAM is good supplemental protection along with any AV. Remember to exclude MBAM folders in NIS for even better performance + security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.