Can PM Home Ed can help?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by javierdl, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javierdl

javierdl Registered Member

http://s2.postimage.org/m0iNi.png

Presently I'm using MS Disk Management. As you can see in the image above, I have one NTFS Primary partition, next to it I have a cluster of Logical partitions. One of them is actually Free Space that I made by shrinking formerly existing Drive D.
    My question is, could PM Home Ed make use of this Free Space to extend the Primary partition without my needing to remove all my logical partitions first?
    If so, how?

Thanks in advance guys,

JDL

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Hello,

Partition Manager can definitely help in this scenario. What you would need to do, is move the logical drive that is currently to the left of your free space, all the way to the right of your free space, then shrink the extended partition from the left, leaving the free space between your first primary partition and the extended partition. You can then expand the primary partition to include that free space.

All of this can be done with the "Move/Resize" feature included in Partition Manager.

3. javierdl

javierdl Registered Member

Thank you PM, I'll give it a try :)

JDL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.