Can Paragon Backup & Recovery Free edition be used with dualboot loader XOSL

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jackmcguire99, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmcguire99

jackmcguire99 Registered Member

I use XOSL to dualboot into either Vista or Windows 7.

Can Paragon Backup & Recover Free Edition be used to make and restore images of the system C: drive when using the XOSL boot loader?

Thanks for your help

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Yes, the XOSL boot loader should not cause any issues when backing up or restoring using our software.

One side note however, installing our Boot Manager utility will most likely remove/disable the XOSL loader.

I recommend backing up the MBR as well as the partitions in order to back up the XOSL loader as well.

3. jackmcguire99

jackmcguire99 Registered Member

Thanks Matt.

I take your point that I must make backups of the MBR - I'll use Ultimate Boot CD on a USB flash drive for that.

However, I have another question.

Is the Paragon Boot Manager automatically installed when you install Paragon Backup and Recovery Free edition and therefore you will have to restore the MBR?

Or is the Paragon Boot Manager only installed separately and therefore there should be no need restore the MBR?

Thanks again for any help

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

It shouldn't be automatically installed, and I will also note that our software is perfectly capable of backing up the MBR as well, some people just choose not to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.