can not restore the entire disk with paragon backup recovery 2013?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ghfghhfr, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ghfghhfr

ghfghhfr Registered Member

i used paragon backup recovery to backup my entire disk into 2 dvd disks.and checked the integrity of the archive on them .the result is ok.but when i tried to restore my entire disk from my backup on these 2 dvd disks,it failed.i got a error message"file i/o error".anybody knows whyo_O

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There are 2 possible reasons:
    Restore can't read data from DVD or can't write data to your HDD.

1. Check your HDD health (if you can connect it to bootable system) via CHKDSK /r. It will mark bad sectors and show you in report if there are problems with your HDD.
    2. Copy archives from DVDs to any external drive
    Create WinPE\Linux Recovery media
    Boot from Recovery media and manually find copied archives in Restore wizard.

3. ghfghhfr

ghfghhfr Registered Member

well,i can not understand why restore can not read data from dvd.since i use the same dvd burner to check the integerity of the archive,and the result is ok.(that implys my computer can read data from the dvd disks properly)further more ,i did use linux based recovery media to boot from.and then i am sorry,i don't know what do u mean by "CHKDSK"?

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Check disk or CHKDSK - is Windows utility
    IF you can connect or use your target HDD in Windows , you can use CHKDSK utility to check the drive.
    Run Windows command prompt and type : chkdsk X: /r
    where X: should be replaced with correct drive letter for all partitions on your target HDD one by one.

If you can't check HDD in Windows, please try the second part.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.