Can not create image on remote LAN drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hdblair, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdblair

hdblair Registered Member

I just purchased True Image so I would make copies to another harddrive on my LAN. I am not able to create image. I am running XP Pro on both systems. I get the following error message:

E00070004; Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Harold

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Harold,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

This problem requires additional investigation. Please contact support@acronis.com and we will do our best in order to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.

3. frankb

frankb Registered Member

Let me tell you that I have been having the identical problem since about the beginning of November. A backup from 1 XP machine w/SP2 to another w/SP2 stops with the same error just as it goes to write to the backup drive. I contacted Acronis support and they seem to have tried to do something. However... when they asked me to download and install whatever it was they did, their instructions were either incomplete, erroneous or misleading... or all 3 combined. By my deduction what they asked me to do wouldn't have any effect anyway, and when I tried to do what they asked and went to rerun TrueImage there was no change. The interesting thing is that the same backup done from a Win2K Pro workstation does work... and I have so carefully checked all other security and permissions alternatives so their problem absolutely relates to either WinXP or WinXP with SP2. I have sent back to them my latest results while expressing my frustration; it will probably be another week before I hear back and in the meantime will keep my fingers crossed while I scramble to find an alternative!!!

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

As to the XP SP2 problem, here is something to try. This will only be a possible fix under certain circumstances which you must determine if they apply--One: the machine from which you are making the image had a mapped drive to the other machine prior to upgrading to Service Pack 2; Two: you are imaging using the mapped drive.

If both are true, some have found that unmapping and remapping the drive can cure mysterious problems.

5. GregMooreSRG

GregMooreSRG Registered Member

I too get this exact error message, but it's not consistent. I am imaging a Windows 2003 Server using Server edition of TI - v8.0 build 859 - to a network share on another Windows 2003 system.

I would like to see more information on what the error REALLY is - lost network connection? permission issue? Also - the event log does NOT show any detail as to what happening. This is maddening! I need to know what's happening so I can resolve the problem - and "try it again - oh look - it worked this time!" is not an acceptable resolution. Often times, these problems are caused by scripts and other scheduled tasks, and I must have the appropriate and due information to troubleshoot.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GregMooreSRG,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what version of Acronis True Image you use? You use Acronis True Image Server for Windows, am I correct? If yes, please download the latest build (#937) of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 and see whether the problem remains. If it doesn't help please do the following:

- Start Acronis True Image and create a new task using Schedule Task wizard, but do not schedule it (on the Start Parameters page choose "Do not start automatically"). Set the name of the new task to "Test Task";
    - Download the following files from our site:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/dbgdlls.zip
    http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImageServer8.0_dbg_s_en.zip

- Unpack the files into the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder;
    - Open the \Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ folder and find the script file with the following parameter inside: display name="Test Task". Please note that this folder is hidden, so you may need to enable "Show hidden files and folders" option in Tools\Folder Options\View menu;
    - Copy the script file to the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder;
    - Start Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Type the following commands in the shell window:

cd \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage
    ti_demon_srv /script: [script name] > ti.log 2>&1

- Send the ti.log file from the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of your problem. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.