Can NOT connect

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by controler, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

I sure can't connect to any of the servers to get this new and exciting software. Are they all flooded?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Looks like it Controler, i sent them and urgent PM to look at it immediately. Can imagine if they're flooded with downloaders, as the program is loved all over.
    Please have another try after some hour or more. Lemmiesee it's now just past 7 in the morning there, so give them some time to wake up if it's not solved before that.
    thanks a lot for the warning!

3. controler

controler Guest

Thanks Jooske, I was able to get the download from the Aussie site.
    I installed the program but almost all of the functions are disabled. I could not evaluate the program in anyway. The only thing the demo does is show processes and maybe a tracerout. I have mentioned before, I can't stand trialweare that has almost all it's functions disabled. My goodness!!!!!!!!!! Not only are almost all functions disabled but the demo is only good for 15 days ot 15 tries.
    I really don't need a demo that only allows processes to be viewed to be impressed. All trialweare should be fully funtional !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry :(

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi controler.

You can execute Port Explorer 30 times, but it is a program that is suited to be running minimised to the tray all the time, so most users should get a full 15 days.

Port Explorer port to process mapping is fully functional, as is hidden socket detection. These are very useful features and essentially the heart of the application. We are considering the disabled features but for now you might want to take a look at the screenshots of the utilities.

5. controler

controler Guest

Thanks for the reply.. The program looks very good and should be a big hit. I see a lot of awesome features. I am sorry for sounding harsh but , well I just am against crippled trialwear. I am very sure you have your reasons for leaving the programs features disabled. I am sure it is just me :D

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Most people are so impressed they buy the full version in a few hours.
    See me in the beta tester team, trying and understanding a function to translate it all in my own language, and not telling anybody about it all that time :)

7. controler

controler Guest

I am pictureing you doing the translations Jooske. he he
    I know that can be a very tough job ;)
    but you could have told me, you know that :D
    I wouldn't have spiled the beans

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Have been beta testing several months and one of the rules in that is to keep shut until the developer tells himself in public about it.
    It can happen i'm testing software in the same area from different developers (generally spoken, not in this current case) and each telling the best i can about their own product but never the one will hear a word about another or that i am testing something and only few times after the stuff is made public by the developer if there is a reason.
    Also i'll never show any preference or give bad or inadequate comments for the other.
    It might happen i give comments about user friendly options because of experience, but never if those are a new find in the other product i'm testing.

So of course i can tell i'm beta testing, Controler, there's often something at hand, like i think will be for many people involved with this.
    You know which ways to walk to be close at the fire to test --not only in my opinion-- the finest/best/nicest/most secure software. :cool:

I did just the Dutch translations, looked after at the other translations too to stay in one line.
    You can imagine it's very nice to work together as a team on a fine product and doing more then just installing and press a few buttons and telling it's ok or not ok.
    Yes, i've been looking at the helpfile too, but it's rather hard to give exactly the same content in good Dutch and avoid any misunderstandings. But it is not all impossible.
    In fact i hope to be able soon to be beta testing and translating some new products we're all waiting for!

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The new version has resolve with world map, filtering tabs and save table options enabled, we are even toying with the idea of giving you the Whois utility, which is very easy to use. Again, see the helpfile and screenshots available for descriptions and info of the features :)

LOTS more mirrors coming soon, TUCOWS coming online soon :)

10. controler

controler Guest

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have done to right thing by enabling most of the other funtions and features in the trial version.
    I must say I uninstalled it untill I saw this new post by Gavin
    Can you see me ***SMILING*** :D :D :D :D

I can already tell you I like the automatic WHOIS feature. In tha past we had to always do the loookup manualy by selecting a search with a different server each time ( RIPE, ORG, COM, NET ect>>>>>) You have made that
    much much easier. That, combined with the resolve feature will make understanding where the information (ATTCAK) comming into their computer
    is comming from in our world. I must admit, I have seen these features in other software but thatnks for bringing it all together.
    Most people either don't like to read HELP even though they are told to do so.
    ALL might be replaced with ALL Processes since PROCESSES , SERVERS and services are different. I guess what I am trying to say is, Show them the servers running by saying THESE ARE SERVERS.

Thank You again

controler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.