Can Nod32 run automatically?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mobious12, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobious12

Mobious12 Registered Member

Hey there, I am new to this forums, however have been using Nod32 for a while now. I havn't used any macros, just I switched all my options to what I think is the most secure. I have had little , really no problems with Nod32, except one annoying little thing. When I scan, and some virus trojan or other malware etc is detected it opens a window waiting for me to prompt, usually I jsut have to copy into quartine and leave, however I have to stay with the whole time its doing this just to scan! Cant I go away come back and do it all at once, guess not because when that window prompt comes up, the scan pauses! Is there any way to make it run automatically or have it compete the scan then wait for me to check all the viruses and malware!?!? Also is it safe to delete things from quarentine if I know its not going to harm my computer? Those quarentine even lock up the viruses and stuff? Will deleting the quarentine archive release it back into my PC?

Thanks in advance and sorry or any grammatically/spelling errors, I am bad with that!:blink:

2. scorpionzero

scorpionzero Registered Member

I think in AMON setup at Actions tab try to check clean automatically and in Options tab check all the boxes.Scanning files by extensions you select Scan all files.In manual setting (On-Demand) at Actions tab for me I select if nod found a virus 1st actions clean and second action is delete.check the move to quarantine box.I think other users have another setting for this.;)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Mobious12

Welcome to Wilders.

Take a look through Blackspear's thread. Starting at post 82, it describes how to set up a totally silent scan.

4. Mobious12

thanks alot I was planning to make a scheduled scan but didnt want to be by the pc while doing it. Thanks again, It work and its just what I needed.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Good to hear Mobious12. Thanks for posting.

6. Mobious12

Alright , now dont laugh I am technologilcally impared lol... Whats "safe mode" I saw it mentioned in other trends. Thanks in advance and thanks for the replies!

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

8. Mobious12

Did Silent Scan, now what!?

I followed the procedure up top to make a silent scan, it worked excellently, however the tutorial does not include what to do with the infection, I found some infections now what do I do?! All the options is give are like copy options:/.

thanks in advance

9. Mobious12

please I cant leave 10 infections on my pc!

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

11. Mobious12

didnt help. I went to scanner log and open with details found the infection,,, now what!?

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If NOD knows about the viruses, they are not going to harm your computer.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in the log?

Also, please read the entire page at the link I provided.

13. Mobious12

I did, didnt help...

err how do I screen shot it?

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

If Mobious12 set up NOD according to Blackspears settings from initial installation onward this would not be an issue for him. If the viruses are copied to quarantine just delete them. See here for configuration Mobious12. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

16. Mobious12

hmmmm... well I did it EXACTLY like it said to , and the tutorial doesnt go beyond what to do with the infection, no files were found in quarantine and I have my settings to put infected files into quarantine... also What would happen If I went to scanner logs, and then righted clicked... then delete selected? Is that safe?

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What does your threat log list as found? Look in the tray icon, threat log. You can copy that log, paste into notepad and post it here as an attachment.

18. Mobious12

no threats there.... that means safe?

19. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Blackspears Extra Settings for NOD32 thread is configured so that infected files are cleaned / deleted and copied to quarantine automatically including when a scan runs it should be running in cleaning mode if you have followed his tutorial :)
    So if your setup is just like Blackspear has suggested, there is nothing further to be done - the detected files should already be cleaned/deleted and copied to quarantine. Normally the only exception would be emails - you would need to open your mail client and manually delete them.
    That's the way to do it if you havent set your scan to be run in cleaning mode, but it needs to be done in the NOD32 On-Demand window, Scanning Log tab - not in the Logs, NOD32 Scanner Logs - there're just historical, no cleaning from that window.
    HTH :)

20. Mobious12

Thanks man, I guess I am safe, because when I went to the scanning logs there was 41 infected it said and 0 cleaned so I got scared. Also what exact scanning log do you mean? All I see Logs>Nod32 Scanning logs> right click>delete selected> correct? Or do I need to run the scan and do it manually

^^^thats exactly what I wanted to avoid :cautious:

21. NOD32 user

Delete selected only removes the selected scan log, not the infiltrations found. To get the right click option to clean, you should be looking at the screen in this post -->HERE<--

When you have set up your scan as per Blackspears tutorial, you should have followed steps in posts #47 through #60 exactly. Post #60 shows how to have your scan automatically run in cleaning mode -->HERE<-- Then when you schedule your scan as in post #82 through #95, Post #88 shows selecting that profile that you have configured to be the one used for your scheduled scan. It will scan everything and clean everything it is able automatically.

It's definately worth your time to read through the entire tutorial and follow the steps exactly if you want the maximum protection and automation that NOD32 can offer.

HTH :)

22. Mobious12

Thank you, I believe It worked, I read his WHOLE tutorial so I am set, check back with you guys in a couple days and see if it worked totally,

if you never hear from me again It means I am Happy!:D :D :D

23. NOD32 user

You're welcome - hope it goes well.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.