Can I upgrade OEM Version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by woobook, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I want buy PANDA Titanium 2006 in eBay, it is OEM version. I learned recently that PANDA Titanium 2006 had upgrade the version from V5.00 to V5.01. If I buy the OEM, can I upgrade it to V5.01.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Of course. It will autoupdate through integrated internet updater.:)

3. woobook

Yes it will autoupdate, but I think the update is different from upgrade. For example if anybody has OEM Windows XP, he can update XP, but he can not upgrade to Windows XP home. Original Windows XP home is different from OEM XP.
    So I am afraid that if I buy Panda OEM, I am sure it can be updated for one year, but the version always is V5.00, I could not upgrade it to V5.01. maybe V5.00 and V5.01 use different engine.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not really. It's the same thing. OEM just means it comes without fancy colorful box and possible extra documentation. OEM is just CD case with CD inside and nothing else. Everything else is identical. I had Norton Antivirus 2005 OEM.
    It was a yellow dics in a white paper CD sheet with serial number sticked on the back. It updated as any other full featured retail NAV2005. And i highly doubt they would make any difference and extra work+complications. SO i can be very sure to say they will be the same when updated.

5. woobook

Thinks RejZoR
    I find this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=105199
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Green Giant:
    I was advised in an e-mail from Panda to download the new version above (5.01.00), download an uninstaller to remove version 5.00.00, and then install the new version......
    ----------------------------------------------------
    So I am afraid if I use the OEM key, I could not download the new version. If it can be upgraded to the new version, maybe I shall buy it. Do you like Panda Titanium?

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Who cares if it's and OEM key? It's still legal one and you are certanly able to update it without any problems. I've tested the latest Titanium 2006 and i kinda liked it. Regular updates, nice interface and an excellent cleaning capabilities for all kinds of malware including spyware. Bad side effect of all the good things is quiet big memory usage. But if you have 1GB of RAM you should be just fine.
    It worked fine over time on 512MB too, but there was some pagefile swaapping on PC startup which slows down things a bit. Gets better over time when you use PC a bit though... Still it's a fine package which is very user friendly and leads you step by step on cleaning any infiltration that it can detect.

7. woobook

Maybe it doesnt need so large ram. my computer is 224 ram, Panda is running better. I like it.
    Thinks RejZoR

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well it's not really slow, it just consumes a bit more memory than others.
    Slowdowns are noticable when OTHER programs requre more memory which is then swapped out from Panda and given back to others.
    Thats why i said the condition normalizes after you run it for few minutes.
    For example i played CounterStrike:Source with Panda AV and when i finished playing i got back most of the memory till next system reboot. And the whole thing just repeats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.