Can I still Use Spyware Blaster 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by chobo2, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chobo2

chobo2 Registered Member

I am wondering if I can keep using spyware blaster 3.1 instead of 3.2. I would go to 3.2 but it does seem to support firefox 0.8 anymore and I do not like the changes they did in 0.9(seems slower and changed some hotkeys what I liked to other keys)

So can I still use 3.1 and get updates for ito_O

2. Untouchable J

Untouchable J Registered Member

Only SB 3.2 will be able to recieve future updates so it isnt suggested to continue using SB 3.1.

See Here

Also just want to check if your aware that Firefox 0.8 have a couple of exploits that are fixed in Firefox 0.9.2. So its a good idea to upgrade or download the patch.

Read this Sticky
    Also see here

Hope this helps :cool:

-J

3. chobo2

chobo2 Registered Member

I still do not want to change with 0.9 I really do not care about the flaws I can live with it(unless they got a standalone patch what keeps 0.8 without going to 0.9 then I will go dl but doubt they have that). I just find for me the pages load up so much slower(compaired to 0.8 I found it that IE loaded up 100% faster and it was the other way around when I used 0.:cool:.

And they changed some of the hotkeys around. I like the ctrl E for the download thing and now it is ctrl Y(just becasue they said people were missing E and hitting W what closes the program well why could they not moved that somewere else?? I found that not the most usfull of all buttons and I never ever hit W when I ment to hit E) and I hate that so much I liked it so much better the old way and they do not even give you the option to have it changed. And I asked someone to make an extension for this type of option and they doubt that anyone would do this.

So I guess I will not be using this program anymore too bad it was a good program. I guess maybe 1.0 comes out for firefox then I will try it and if I like it I will get this program again.

Can anyone clear up what makes it so different or why it is so hard to just make it compatable with both of the version I just can not see there being a huge different to make it so hard to make it for both of them.

I think they should really look into making it more compatable with older versions to.

I found that firefox 0.8 was perfect as it was. Ok ya go fix those bugs in the program but why mess around with the hot keys but this seems to happen with all programs it is really good and everything and then they make a newer version and it sucks ass.

And reading from the other post(and other fourms) there are many people who agree with me that 0.9 is not as good as 0.8. I just hate that you got to choose there. Like I said I hope they do some major working on 1.0.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Even if you do not use SpywareBlaster for its Mozilla/Firefox protection (because you have decided not to upgrade now to Firefox 0.9 - again, something I strongly recommend against), you should still ensure you keep SpywareBlaster's Internet Explorer protection enabled, especially considering how integrated IE is with Windows.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Desperate

Desperate Guest

Hey JavaCool: many threads, including one of my own, relate to the inability to restore SB 3.1 updated protection databases (ie, later than April 2004) if you ever have to reinstall SB 3.1. Overwriting the original database files results in a "database error" from SB 3.1 and a program halt. I'm running Win98SE, I have the VB6sp5 files, everything was fine until recently -- is there any fix for / viable method for updating SB 3.1 to a more recent date? THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.