Can I restore my Paragon backup to new hardware without "doing anything"

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dg9879, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg9879

dg9879 Registered Member

The manual says it supports this but I'd just like to know if I backup my whole drive to an external drive, the drive I backed up dies, and I buy another one for my pc that is bigger or different brand or whatever that Paragon will still restore to it without having to do anything different to what I would normally do.

What about if the hardware was updated?

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Good question. I would like to know the answer too!

Best regards,

KOR!

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Using Paregon 10, I have successfully imaged XP Home and Professional from SATA drives of 80gb, 120gb, and 160gb to a SATA 40gb HDD with absolutely no issues.
    I have also reversed the configuration going from 40gb to a larger drive.
    I have done the same with Vista but with Windows 7 only imaged a 40gb drive to another of the same size.
    These were all done using the same PC with external USB drives storing the images.

Regarding hardware change(s), it depends on what was changed.
    For me, a different size drive or one from a different manufacturer created no issues during restore.
    Neither did increasing RAM from 1gb to 2gb, then 2gb to 4gb.

As far as anything else, I have no personal experience, but yesterday I asked a similar question regarding the Universal Restore function in Easeus Todo Backup And Recovery, if URF would allow for image restoration (XP) to a different computer.
    My question was post #5 in this thread and I did receive a reply.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=291754

I hope this helps.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If you are restoring to different hardware use the p2p restore feature.

The o/s will be restored fine - however, to activate windows on the new machine, you will need a windows license that allows use on a different pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.