Can I rename Paragon image folder?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by TheMozart, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

When I make backup images using Paragon Compact Edition, it creates folder names such as: arc_020212102900118 and files inside the folder such as: img_2_020212_102910351.PBF etc.

Can I rename the folder to something like "21Feb" so it's easier for to know what image is which when restoring an image?

If I rename the folder, will the Paragon boot CD recognise the folder and files inside the folder and restore image correctly even though the file names inside folder will then be different to folder name?

Or does the folder name have to be the same as the files inside the folder?

Thanks.:thumb:

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

When I create the backup using the paid version and free version I always change the provided arc_o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O? to something that makes more sense to me. It will create an upper level folder with that name. No problem finding to restore them.

Give it a try!

3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Use the "comment" field for adding any notes. The "comment" appears when restoring from WinPE.

4. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

Yes, you can rename the folder. BootCD - indifferent to the name of the folder.

5. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Thanks everyone for your comments and help :thumb: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.