can I make DVD with image bootable?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by narson, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narson

narson Registered Member

Hi all
    First of all I am sorry for my english
    I want to buy Acronis true image and I would like to know one think. If I burn image onto a DVD then this DVD will be bootable or not? I would like to simply insert a created DVD with image of the partition and see the menu to launh recovery process, is it possible or not, like when I used in the past norton ghost 2003 software, there was a small DOS version of norton ghost software, where I could select a DVD burner as destination media, then inserting a diskette with ghost software to make this DVD bootable. Is there a way to do similar think in True Image software?

P.S do you have any forum or other form of support for Polish users? I think it should be because there is Polish version of true image Home software that I want to buy.'I know my english is poor so I don't want to annoyi you with my weak english

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There is a way to put the Image on the same DVD along with the True Image Boot Media files. In version 10 it can be found under Tools>Options>Default Backup Options>Media Components>Advanced Tab. I'm not sure if it is in the same place in Ver 11.

Be aware though that if the size of the Image requires 4 or more DVD discs, there's a seemingly unending disc swapping required in the Restore process.

3. narson

narson Registered Member

Thanks for your replay. If I understand you correctly I should select a proper oprion in the true image before image creation process starts then I should perform a standard creation process, is that true?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello narson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.
    That is correct. In Acronis True Image 11 Home the option is located in the same place DwnNdrty pointed to. Please also be aware that that option only applies when backing up directly to CD/DVD media.

Currently we do not have separate section for support of Polish users. We may suggest you to submit a request to our Support Team if you have any questions about Acronis software, or post them on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.