Can I just Mount the disk and Recover??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tubby, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubby

Tubby Registered Member

Long story but I've lost my C: partition. TI9 won't recover the partition as it says the "File is corrupt" although when I perform a check of the backup file it comes up ok. I copied the backup file to another computer and can mount the file fine. Is there a way that I can mount the file and copy it to the partition as a sort of workaround way to restore the partition? HELP! Pulling my hair out.

Todd

2. dld

dld Registered Member

This won't work. The only thing you can copy from a mounted image are data files. Programs have to be reinstalled. And of course there's no way you can access the registry from a mounted image.

I"m afraid reinstallation of your OS is the only thing to do.

3. Tubby

Tubby Registered Member

That's what I thought, but I figured I would ask just in case. Thanks.

Todd

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tubby,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As far as I understand you can successfully validate the image archive using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Archive) of Acronis True Image. If so could you please clarify what exactly error message you have received when try to restore the image archive and when you received this error message? Please also tell us where is the image archive stored (internal or external drive, CD or DVD disk another media)?

I would also recommend you to download the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD boot your computer from it and try to restore the image archive.

EDIT: Just found you second post about the same issue. Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If it is possible try to connect this hard drive (where you would like to restore the image) to another computer then boot that computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with the latest build (3677) and restore the image archive.

If the still issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to all your threads concerning this issue. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.