Can I get a response from support, please?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fastjeff, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastjeff

fastjeff Registered Member

Hi Irina. I saved most of the backup images on my slave IDE drive, and a couple on a SATA drive I recently installed, a third internal hard drive. As to the versions, it's a little hard to say because the images date back to 05/05/05, at which time I presume I used TI8 and I presume version 937, but I don't know how to be sure about that. Some of the recent images (September forward) were done in TI8 and several were done in various builds of TI9. I have kept them in the hope that you all would be able to tell me how to "uncorrupt" one or more of them.

I created some in rescue mode and some in Windows. I had no reason to suspect that the mode would affect the reliability of the result. I do not know which ones were done in each mode.

I verified the images last night after re-installing TI8 937 in my fresh install of Windows and they were all corrupt. Some waited until restore had only seconds left before reporting corruption, but none were usable.

I made a separate support request last week on this, and returned the diagnostic report your acknowledgement email requests. I received a terse reply from (I think) Yuri, apparently indicating the presence of a partition for BootitNG was a problem. He wrote one sentence and did not explain how I could fix that. Because of continued problems ( perhaps exacerbated by my trying Acronis Disk Director Suite, after which my system again became unstable to the point that I had to do my current re-install. My use of Disk Director, btw, was read only. No editing or other activity.), my subsequent format erased his message so I do not have that reference number.

I had to use BootitNG simply to fix the disc well enough that i could re-load windows. i have now removed it, but the problems with my archives continue.

I made another support request last night regarding this in #389741, including another report. I presume there has not been enough time to review that.

Your support has been great since TI6. That's why I bought TI9 the day you all announced it to registered users. I still believe you all are working hard to fix this, but my recent experiences are not consistent with your prior good work. I am still hopeful you all can come through again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2005
  2. fastjeff

Re: Also E00070021 "Cannot access drive"

Hi Irina. Do you have any information on my problem? I also have not heard back on my Wednesday request to support.

fastjeff

3. fastjeff

I have been defending Acronis in my posts ever since TI9 came out, despite the clear problems. But I am not getting meaningful responses from you. My first direct request yielded an essentially useless single sentence reply, and my second direct request from Wednesday so far has been ignored.

I also replied to Irina in a thread yesterday morning, and have not even received an acknowledgement from her, let alone a solution.

Acronis support in the past was good. You probably are busy because of all of the problems with TI9 but that was not our fault. I would like an answer.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey fastjeff,

I have pulled posts # 1 and # 2 above from this thread in order to possibly assist you better.

So that what I did makes some kind of sense. The below quote is question Irina asked in this post and you provide the info above.

5. fastjeff

Thanks for your efforts. What I really need, though, is the problems addressed.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

All I can ask is for you to have a bit of patience and I'm sure Acronis Support will do what they can for you. You'll have better results IMHO if in the future you start your own problem thread instead of posting about your problem in other threads. This thread that you started earlier that I combined in an attempt to help had no mention of links for Acronis Support to reference. My hope in this action is that you can now receive better assistance.

7. fastjeff

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT

Bubba was kind enough to attempt to assist me and suggested I post a separate thread. What do Ihave to do to get a response from support, and with any luck actual assistance?

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: STILL NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT

"All I can ask is for you to have a bit of patience"
    The thread I created and combined your posts in was the thread concerning this problem that we are in now. The part about creating a thread was when you had another problem to discuss.

Please do not create another thread concerning this particular matter.

9. fastjeff

Bubba, with all due respect I would prefer more time was spent on "the problem that we are in now" than on where my postings are made. If anyone were to look at all of my postings they would see that I have been an Acronis supporter. But "this particular matter" is being ignored.

When will I get a response?

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll assume whenever Irina or another Acronis support personal sees this thread and has time to respond.

11. fastjeff

2302 - no go

I have had no luck with TI9, and 2302 hasn't really improved things. I have 3 internal HDs: one partitioned into C and E, D (slave to C/E), and a SATA, F.

In Windows I created 3 images, one each saved on D, E, and F. All were reported as corrupt.

With the rescue disc, I repeated the process. D and F were reported as corrupt, but E was OK. But I still don't trust that as the progress bars did not coincide. Total progress was not quite 2/3 when current operation was done and reported the image as OK. with all the bugs in TI9 i'm susicious. And even if it were OK, it's on the same drive as C. If the whole disc fails and I am unable to write to any other disc, I'm SOL.

Has anyone heard from Acronis as to what the actual problems are?

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fastjeff,

I am truly sorry for the delayed response.

I have read all your letters to Acronis Support and have contacted Yuri about your problem.

First of all please download the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

After please create a new bootable CD and make the folllowing test to investigate the problem:

Create the image files both in rescue mode and in Windows with the latest build to your internal drive and check all it under Windows and in rescue mode.

If the problem remains, it is most likely related to hardware (a hard drive cable, or a hard drive, or a HD controller, or a RAM memory and so on). I can recommend you try to test your computer in the nearest service center or replace some from your hardware temporary and create/check the image again.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

13. fastjeff

Hi Irina. Can you clarify why you suggest replacing hardware? Was there something in the report that led to that conclusion? If so, what?

Since these problems began when I initially installed TI9, I also first suspected a hardware problem, and have replaced my motherboard, CPU, memory, and boot drive. None of these changes resulted in improvement in TI9's performance. I have run diagnostics, including SiSoft Sandra. I am unable to find a current hardware problem. That does not mean there is NOT a problem, but I am unable to tie my problems with TI9 to any such hardware problem, so if you can clarify your response that would help.

I see you combined my post last night regarding my test of 2302, so I'm not sure why you are suggesting I create images. My post is clear and detailed that I already did what you suggest.

I note others in the forum continue to have problems with 2302.

14. Acronis Support

Hello fastjeff,

I am truly sorry, I have re-read your posts and see that you have tested all the actions under Windows and from Acronis bootable CD.

No, your report has not any errors. Please note that Acronis Report is only the detailed description of what partitions your disks contain, what is written in MBR, etc.

First of all I can recommend you try to test your RAM module. You can download MemTest86+ and then let me know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

15. fastjeff

Hi Irina. I ran MemTest86 through 3 passes, over an hour - no errors.

You have mentioned ram twice as the possible problem. My sticks are new, but could it be the motherboard somehow? It's new,too, and also has checked out on diagnostic workup, but do you have any further suggestions, such as a similar diagnostic for the board?

16. fastjeff

I forgot: what is really puzzling to me is that TI8 is now also unable to create images that are not corrupt, and it was working well for me. I had used it successfully to restore images in the past several times. I can understand a new version of a program to have growing pains, but for a proven program to not to work now is puzzling. It also now makes it look more like a problem with my setup rather than the program(s).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

17. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

With all the new builds being released quite often, I have come up with a way to easily see which version/build I used to create an image ( as well as whether it was created from within windows, or by using the rescue cd ). When it comes time to give my .tib file a name, I use "E:\Backup\2005-10-30 created using version 8 build 937 from within windows.tib".

Quick question. How do you review the information that you typed into the big white box area for comments when you first create an image? Acronis, is there anyway to put the comments that we put in there into the image file somehow so that as we look at all of our image files we can right click an image, go under "properties" then "summary" and view those comments? Don't know how easy that would be to implement, but it would be nice to have an easy way to see the comments you created for each image.

18. Acronis Support

Hello fastjeff,

I am really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please clarify me the following:
    1. You create the full image of your partition both in rescue media and in Windows to your internal drives (D, E, F) with Acronis True Image 9.0 (2302)
    2. Then check it and the images are corrupted
    3. The same problem with Acronis True Image 8.0 (937)

Am I correct?

I will add all your information in comment for Yuri. We will investigate it and certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

19. fastjeff

That is correct. TI8 used to work, but now is not on my clean install. Yuri sent me a second diagnostic which i returned to him last night, but it was for TI9. Maybe it will show something common to the versions.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.