Can I disable NOD32's antispyware?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gecko, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko

Gecko Registered Member

I was wondering if it was possible to disable the antispyware part of NOD32. Even I have to reinstall the program with a custom install, I don't want conflicting programs. Thanks for your help.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET programs doesn't have different modules like some other programs have . ESET have one exe only (ekrn.exe) performing scanning for all kind of threats . You can not stop an antispyware part because there is no such part . However , you can stop ekrn.exe from scanning for adware/spyware/riskware applications , which will make no difference when it comes to possible conflicts , it will only reduce protection.

Generally you can use any other AS application , ESET Antivirus/ESET Smart Security are compatible with them .

My personal suggestion would be to rely on EAV/NOD32 for the real-time protection for spyware threats and if this is not enough for you , dedicated antispyware for on-demand scans only

3. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

HiTech_boy's is right.

You can disable the detection of Adware/spyware/riskware, but it only makes NOD not report those items to you and ignore them. You can't really disable a "module".

Besides that: I haven't noticed any incompatibility with other anti spyware programs so far. Have you?

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

nod32 antispyware is one of the best build in module i ever put my eyes on.
    its work fast , low cpu usage and block them hard..... and yes....its doesnt conflict with any programs knows to mankind :p

cheers:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.