can i delete this HJT entry?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ice60, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice60

Ice60 Guest

hi, i just reinstalled Irfanview and it installed a link on my desktop for ebay and when i looked at IE there's an extra ebay button there too :mad: i don't want it. can i delete this line? thanks :)

O9 - Extra button: eBay - Homepage - {EF79EAC5-3452-4E02-B8BD-BA4C89F1AC7A} - C:\Program Files\IrfanView\Ebay\Ebay.htm

is there anything else i should do to get rid of it :mad:

2. GForce

GForce Guest

Good Morning ICE,

Take a look in the registry here...
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Extentions, you can most likely delete the corresponding entry if present. According to Merijn, he suggests "fix" though YOU must make the call. Don't forget to reboot.

GF

3. Ice60

Ice60 Guest

hi, GF :) i went to the subkey you showed me and found the value and deleted it, saw it go, rebooted and looked at IE and it's still there :eek: i have just reinstalled my computer and i must have something that is replacing the subkey's value. i'll have a think about it. i might try with HJT too.

4. hadi

hadi Guest

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Which value did you delete ? If you delete the whole e-bay key in bold below....it should not come back. Also....along with the Current_User Hive....it should have also placed it in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Hive.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{EF79EAC5-3452-4E02-B8BD-BA4C89F1AC7A}

If all else fails....un-install Irfanview....reboot....re-install Irfanview and during the installation....un-select the user optional toolbar selections.

Attached Files:

6. Ice60

Ice60 Guest

hi, Bubba :) i deleted -
    EF79EAC5-3452-4E02-B8BD-BA4C89F1AC7A
    from
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Extentions\******* i can't remember how it ended, i'll check when i get home, im at college at the moment. i think the first time it didn't work because MJ Watcher put it back again. the second time i think it was something else. i am not too familiar with my system at the moment because i have just done a reinstall and have installed afew new programs. can i use regmon and see what is happening? i think it is some kind of polling problem

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would also look in the Local_Machine registry hive that I mentioned above.

As far as regmon goes....couldn't ask for a better program to monitor what's happening with the registry at a given moment in time :cool:

8. GForce

GForce Guest

Hey Bubba,

That was my line! :D I was short for time this morning to have a thorough look at it,
    but I'm happy to see you're input all the same. Good call and nice screenies. :)

@ Hadi - I'd be careful what THAT site has to say, for reference at best. I've posted a couple of times to see what they have to say, finding their results differ from what I know is OK to be running on my system (don't remind me, I know I need to update "Finding Information On The Internet"). Take you're inquiries to this page from now on...Help2Go where I've found
    the results to be more consistent. One of our very own spyware veterans Tony Klein and the likes of Merijn himself have contributed to this ongoing project. :cool:

GF

9. ice60

ice60 Guest

hi, thanks all of you for the help :) i just deleted the 2 lines from the registry and the ebay stuff has gone. i'm going to delete the ebay folder in the Irfanview folder too. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.