Can Google Get Its Mojo Back?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I don't really like Google OR Bing. Neither one has a clue when it comes to user friendliness. I will say though I like Google Book Search which Bing doesn't have.

3. guest

guest Guest

I've been sensing some decline, but I still use Google as my primary search provider.

As for Bing, I like it but sometimes I need to do searches in other languages; Bing needs to provide better international/localized versions with at least the same features of the US one - the most complete.

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I think it's Microsoft which could suffer the biggest setback.

I'm not in the loop with all this, and if it's already happened on in testing. But if Google focus on bringing an android desktop edition, packaged with google docs (Word/Excel equivalent, picture manager, media player etc), a client based gmail product for business, then MS will lose a big chunk of its mojo.

Google has made many mistakes, but as long as they learn from them, and I think they have such as with google wave, then they'll continue to power ahead. Regarding staff leaving, I'm sure Google can still attract, and has the funds for, the best of the best.

Regarding Chrome, might have problems for some, but even though I use IE9 beta, still a slight delay when opening the home page and when opening a new tab with the home page. Will it ever achieve the same 'snappy-ness' Chrome has?

Just out of interest, search in bing and search in google regarding, 'google chrome market share'. In bing, you see old articles from 2008-09, saying how google chrome is going nowhere. In Chrome, you see day old articles describing the strength of Chrome. Where am I going with this? Apart from Google's search engine displaying recent results, and the search in Bing being dated and fruitless, you'd think you'd have the most recent articles up top! ;)

Bing result.jpg
    Chrome.jpg
    Chrome story.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK, a couple of things: I can't see me using IE 9 particularly, I wasn't that impressed with IE 7 or 8. Secondly, I agree that Google as a search engine is not quite what it was. I would use it more often if they stopped messing around with it. In fact, I am wondering why I stopped using Ask Jeeves a while ago in favour of Google. It's probably not quite there yet, but I think it's pretty close! :thumb:

6. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Google are dead to me. I avoid them personally and their data evils by using Scroogle at the moment. I actively now avoid anything they offer. Their (googles) search engine is better than the rest, can't deny it, but they have way too many dodgy practises with the data they hold, for instance ... the wifi data stealing - unforgivable.

7. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Mojo?

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Acigj8isc&feature=related-

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yRcFgpnpw-

:D :D :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. guest

guest Guest

Saraceno, you just pointed to a localized Bing version problem!

By searching the same term in Bing USA, I found relevant results:

Screenshot.jpg

9. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

10. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

SPP, thanks for the tip. I did go to bing.com but must re-direct to a local one which still might be going through updates/improvements.

11. MrBrian

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Stop Hating and Start Loving :D

13. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

I don't know whats happening with Chrome. I click a link and it takes forever to go to the page. I try it in IE9 and Safari and I have no problems. So I uninstall-ed Chrome and reinstalled it and now its a little better. Why does it seem when everything is working good theres an update or something and nothing works the way it was. So far Chrome is working the way it should and it's not hanging up anymore since I reinstalled it. Sorry just had to Vent.

14. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Chrome seems to be OK for me, all except for Chrome Portable, which seems a bit 'draggy'. In my experience Portable SeaMonkey is much faster & less problematic than Chrome Portable.

15. MrBrian

16. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

17. MrBrian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.