Can Filseclab handle multiple protocols?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chocarama, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chocarama

chocarama Registered Member

I have got Filseclab installed and I want to permit my Opera browser to use two different protocols (HTTP and FTP). At the moment it seems I have to configure two separate rules in Filseclab to be able to do this.

Is there a neater way to do this?

I also find that if Opera tries to use another protocol (such as UDP) then there is no popup. Instead Filseclab blocks it. I guess this is because I have got a rule (actually two rules) for Opera and Filseclab assumes that my rules for Opera are now complete. Therefore Opera UDP traffic should be blocked.

How can I get Filseclab to trap UDP attempts and create a popup window?

Thanks for any info.

2. Arup

Arup Guest

For Opera, I have it set to outbound HTTP, I have created another rule for Opera TCP, port 443 for HTTPS. Since I use Filezilla for FTP, I have created an FTP rule for port 21 outbound as well, you can do the same to Opera, sadly, Filseclab unlike Kerio 2.15, doesn't allow range of ports which would have been truly nice.

Now by default, Filseclab will block anything else as per default of In deny/Out prompt, you can however change that by specifying out prompt/in prompt, that way you will be prompted for UDP as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.