Can Facebook/Google steal https connections info?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Amanda, Dec 10, 2015.

1. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

@amarildojr Thanks very much, useful. To confirm, that was to ensure a rollback instance based on an existing profile, yes? As opposed to a completely new instance with its own profile.

I assume that namespaces could be used in the Debian not Arch case?

2. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

@deBoetie You could either create a new profile and configure it manually, or you could copy the existing "xxxx.default" contents to this newly created profile. However, you should consider configuring this new profile manually because there is no point in isolating this sandboxed profile if there are saved passwords that were copied from the default profile.

I don't know much about namespaces. But the method describe in those posts were done in Arch. I assume they also work on Debian.

3. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

I was thinking in terms of keeping a pristine instance that was never used for actually browsing anywhere, but could be copied (like a template).

I'll have a play with the namespaces idea in Debian when I have time.

4. Balthazar

Balthazar Registered Member

You forgot the Icecat. I am using both the Iceweasel and the Icecat. For email the Icedove. :)

5. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

Well, IceCat is OK, but it's outdated. And it's slow. IMO Iceweasel is a better browser :D

6. Ulysses_

Ulysses_ Registered Member

You could add the maximum physical RAM your computer can take and use lots of VM's, one per site. With unity they would look like browser windows.

I am doing this and to save hard disk space and simplify updates I have given all VM's the same non-persistent virtual hard drive so they all start identical and totally clean.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Can anyone recommend qupzilla browser..?

8. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

I'm actually sandboxing Iceweasel with Firejail, and set up one of them so that every change gets erased when I close the program. It saves much more memory than a VM, you should try it :)

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

10. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Nice :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.