Can Ewido scan a .dat file?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by paperinik3, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperinik3

paperinik3 Registered Member

As I posted before, I was surprised to find that Ewido, scanning my system, found 72 tracking cookies in Firefox and none in Opera. It was suggested to me by an Opera developer that Ewido did not know where to look for cookies in Opera. So I had Ewido to scan the two files where Opera keeps the cookies (cookies4.dat & cookies4.dat.sbsd.bak). Ewido told me it found no malware, but the answer was so quick (less than a second) that I am asking myself: was Ewido really able to scan the .dat fileo_O? o_O o_O
    Best regards

2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I have a custom scan for my cookie file only-the scanner still shows 0 sec when done-these files are pretty small-when a full scan is going these files fly by.

Although I wonder if Ewido is compatible to Opera-it would seem the context scan would catch anything.

You could check under scanner-settings-edit extensions (if you have "choose files by extension")-to make sure .bat is there-I am sure it is.

I have mine set to scan every file-since I usually walk away when doing a scan and don't care about the time.

That says good things about Opera to me. I never thought of checking it out-but I am going to take a look now.

Thanks

3. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Opera cookies are not supported at the moment, sorry.

4. paperinik3

paperinik3 Registered Member

Thank you peter for your answer - Schade fuer Opera... Regards.
    Hi Steveke - well, peter.ewido's answer closes the argument. Try out Opera, you'll find some interesting things. Enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.