can enyone tell what this means

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by CLEARICE01, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLEARICE01

CLEARICE01 Registered Member

when in the nod32 scanner log there is.scan time.and discription.and.scan.infected.cleaned.statuse.under the scan.sometimes there is a 1.sometimes there is a 8 or a 9.sometimes there is a 0.can enyone tell me what these numbers mean.thanks inadvance..............

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

please post a screenshot here to help undestand what you mean.

3. CLEARICE01

hi marcos.when i click on the screen there is no copy or pase option.can you give me a step by step.please..

4. sig

sig Registered Member

Instructions on how to post a screen shot is here in the board FAQ: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5513

5. CLEARICE01

i can shrink the image small enough........

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yeah...100KB is just too small. I have never been able to post anything here and I save as jpg and have no problems posting at my home site forums, but they allow a larger size. I have no idea how to get a screen shot that small in MSPaint.

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

From the Help-file:

=====

The NOD32 (On-Demand) Scanner log lists the following information:

Scan Date & Time
    Description of directories scanned
    Total number of scanned, infected, and cleaned files
    Scan status
    Double-clicking any entry with the mouse will show more detail about that scanning session. To delete an entry right-click on it and select "Delete selected" from the pop-up menu.

=====

I hope this helps.

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

If I understand your question correctly, what you should do is highlight one of those lines in the log and then right click. That will show you what was scanned. You see the 0 under "scanned" when all that was done was the memory was scanned. The memory will be scanned when you open NOD32 scanner and maybe you intend to change your profile or something before doing a full scan...still the memory scan will show in the log with 0 by it...meaning no files were scanned because you started it only so you could get in and change something and then you ran a full scan.

The other numbers you see reflect how many files were scanned. If you did a command line scan of a file you downloaded that might show as 3 or 5 etc, depending on the number of files etc. If you look closely you will see the dots ....by some of the numbers ...hover the mouse there and you will see a much bigger number. That is usually when you scanned your entire C drive on demand.

I apologize if you already know this and I misunderstood your question.

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

If uploading a non- .bmp file you should have no problems in posting a screen shot - as shows in numerous thread all over this board.

In case you need a nice free software to resize/change convert extensions, google for Irfanview - that will do the trick ;).

regards.

paul

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, could you please give us step by step instructions on how to do this in MSPaint? I read the instructions here and they don't tell me how to do this. I don't know how because I have never needed to learn for my home site where I upload frequently. I just hit print screen, or alt + print screen to capture the top screen and then open MSPaint, edit, paste, save as jpeg. I might erase something, add an circle or arrow to highlight, etc. but that is all I have ever done. Works anywhere else I have tried to upload but here it doesn't.

I just tried saving this file and it is 64KB as jpeg so I could upload that. But I have about 7 or 8 other NOD32 files that I saved, intending to upload here at one time or another, and they are all over 100KB (average of 250KB which isn't large). I can't see how I could make them smaller. I'm already using jpeg. I don't use Irfanview. I dislike it intensely. I like MSPaint so how do I make the files smaller in MSPaint? Thanks.

11. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mele,

Well, we have chosen to limit the upload size to 100 kb - and that's not going to change. First of all threads will render much slower in case we would allow bigger pic uploads and that would affect all those using slow(er) connections - we do want to avoid that. Secondly, we do keep storage as well as bandwidth on this server in mind. I can't help you out as for MSPaint - never used it. Thus, in spite of your disliking from Irfanview: that's the free software advized (or sortalike alternatives) - and in use by millions, over here as well. Our FAQ might be of help in this regard as well.

regards.

paul

12. spm

spm Registered Member

Try saving in GIF format instead (this is supported by MSPaint). In general, GIF files of high-colour screen shots will be smaller.

13. CLEARICE01

hi.and thank you everyone that replyed to this post i got my answer thanks.and i also got a utility to deal with the screen shots.instead of posting about a new question i have i will do it in this post.ok i uninstalled and reinstalled nod32.and the update engine failed three times.and then it updated.thats ok.but sins i have got the same update.1.631.three time.can enyone tell me whats going on here.and how to fix this problem.and again thanks to all that replyed...........

14. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thanks Steve. I'll try using gif. I got used to jpeg because my old W98SE box had the bug that doesn't allow saving in gif format, but it did allow jpeg due to one the programs that used jpeg that came on the computer. So, I never attempted the fix to be able to save in gif format from MSPaint. Most with this bug could not save with either format and have to do the fix. Anyhow, I was not aware that gif was generally smaller. I wouldn't want to make the site unbearably slow for the dial up folks....I remember vividly how awful it is to be on dial up!

Clearice01, as far your getting the same update over and over, I got this update twice so something funny here!

Edited to say OOPS! I read the log incorrectly. I did NOT get the same one twice. Sorry!

15. spm

spm Registered Member

While both JPEG and GIF use data compression, the reason GIF files are generally smaller is that, unlike JPEG, the GIF format supports a maximum of 256 colours. MSPaint will reduce the colour depth to save in GIF - this is perfectly aceptable for screen shots posted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.