Can create Image with TI6 but not with TI7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Defenestration, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I have managed to create one successful image with TI7 boot CD, but recently I tried to create another image (again using the boot CD) of a Fresh installation of WinXP Home SP1 but was told that the image could not be created, probably due to poor media quality. I had no problem creating an image using the TI6 boot CD.

The only difference is in the way the disk was partitioned. I had changed all my partitions except one small (250MB) NTFS partition to FAT32. One of the FAT32 partitions is 20GB which I thought might be causing a problem with TI7.

I was evaluating TI7 but I have to say that TI6 appears to be a more stable product. I have some other issues when creating/restoring images using the boot CD requiring too many disc changes.

I hope TI8 can address the issues, in particular the stability issue.

Also, I'd like to sneak a small feature request in for TI8. The ability to load descriptions from removable media (eg. floppy disk) when using the boot CD. This would be very handy when several images are required, all with similar descriptions. Having to type in long descriptions more than once is time consuming, but being able to load a simple text file description into the editbox which could then be modified (if required), would save a lot of time.

Please can you add this feature for TI8.

Thankyou

PS. When is TI8 scheduled for release ? and what are the new features ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.