Can anybody reproduce this bug in 3677 Boot CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stevemaser, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevemaser

stevemaser Registered Member

"support" says they can't reproduce it, but I sure can...

On *one* of the screens in the "recovery" task on the boot CD -- The "Restore Operation Options" screen -- *none* of the hot keys will work.

*Unless* I first check (with the mouse) the "Validate backup archive before restoration" box.

Then all the hot keys work on that screen.

Which seems wrong to me.

Anybody else see this?

2. como

como Registered Member

The hot keys work for me but I had ticked the validate button when I installed the latest build and had to untick the button to try the hot keys
    Try ticking the validate button and cancel out at the "proceed" screen close TI and launch it again and see if it’s corrected itself.
    TI 9.0 Home Build 3677

3. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

Nope, just tested it and can't reproduce it. That screen comes up with "Additional Settings" highlighted in the left pane. You have to TAB over to the right pane then press "p" to select the validate check box.

What I did notice however, is that when exiting out of the program (clicking the red X) WinXPpro would boot to the "Select your operating system" screen and just lock up. Had to hit the reset button and all came up ok after that. This happens every time I exit out of the program after booting from the Recovery CD.

TI9 build 3677

4. stevemaser

I think perhaps the difference I'm seeing is if I boot the CD and try to recover to a computer that does *not* have True Image installed on it.

Would that make a difference in your testing/reproduction of this? Clearly, for me, I can't get the hot keys to work on that screen only -- they work on all the other screens in the "Recover" process.

5. como

como Registered Member

I cannot test above as I only have the one computer, If you are locking up after exiting from booting with the cd I suggest you contact support directly

6. stevemaser

No, there's no "locking up" -- it's just that the hot keys on that *one* screen do not seem to be active when moving from the previous screen.

I can still use the mouse to click the boxes. It's just an odd bug, that's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.