CAN ANYBODY HELP?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gcasanova, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcasanova

gcasanova Registered Member

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I'm not sure if related, but i had a similar issue with another application where it took more then 1 minute to start and the disk activity went up really high during the load of the application. Without nod32 activated it took about 2 seconds to start the same application. I figured it had to be some file that took very long to scan and fortunately that application didn't have a lot of files. So i tried to copy the files from the program directory to another directory on my computer and that way i found a file that took very long to copy and caused nod32 to use a lot of CPU and cause a lot of disk activity. If i tried to rename that file it took a very long time as well so it was very easy to see the problem. Then i sent the file to eset and described the problem and the next day a update fixed my problem. I used the "Customer Care support reuqest (web form)" from the nod32 gui to report the problem.

So it might be worth a try to check if there is one or more files from openoffice that take very long to scan and send those files to eset for them to take a look at the files. In my case it was a 18k dll that took more then a minute to scan for some strange reason. Since you already figured out it's something in the shared folder hopefully there isn't to many files to check.

Before i sent the file to eset i posted in this forum, but didn't get any replies.

Gan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.