Can anybody explain?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by perhaps, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perhaps

perhaps Registered Member

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

This article about using SpywareBlaster may clarify things: http://www.sfsu.edu/~helpdesk/os/winos/SpywareBlaster/spywareblaster.htm Scroll down to the foot of the page and see this section about Custom Blocking;

"Custom Blocking: Create your own list of ActiveX controls that you want to block. Add search engine toolbars, browser plug-ins, and more - block any ActiveX control you want. You can even download Custom Blocking lists other people have created.
    (Warning: Please be careful when using a Custom Blocking list someone else has created. Only consider using a Custom Blocking list if you trust the person that created it.)"

My interpretation of this is that daks list was a third party extra that you could use (or not) so that his death should not directly affect SpywareBlaster itself.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Indeed this is the case - all SpywareBlaster custom blocking lists are optional extras provided by third parties.

Of course, I'm very sorry to hear that dak passed away :doubt: - my condolences go out to friends and family.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.