Can Alcohol 120% burn TI8 .tib extension

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Image, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Image

Image Registered Member

Can somebody explain when i make a image of my entire C harddisk with TI8 (and making future re'-instals for XP much easyer job) if Alcohol 120% can burn this image with the .tib extension. It's not listed on the list of extensions.

I would like to save my image on a seperate external harddisk and make a copy of that image on dvd's thru Alcohol 120% so that no matter what happens i'm allways save with backup material one way or another.

Your answers would be very appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

AFAIK, Alcohol only handles "image" files like ISO, NRG, etc. This is unrelated to the "image" file that TI creates. You can, however, burn image files using any burning application like Nero or Roxio, simply be creating a data disc compilation. This will not work for restoring however, the files would need to be copied back to HD to restore. If you use a formatted disc (InCD or DirectCD) to write the TI files to, those CAN be used for a direct restore from the burned disc. Or, TI can write the files directly to the same type of formatted disc. Given the unreliable nature of such UDF writing programs and discs, I would not recommend this method.

3. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

rdgrimes

There is no reason that would inhibit you from restoring from the Burned DVD's I have done this several times where I created the .TIB files to an external hard drive. Then burned them to DVD's. Then I boot from the Recovery CD, and I'am able to restore the entire disk image directly from the DVD's. This has functioned since at least Build 889 of TI 8.

Storage_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.