Can Acronis True Image look at files in the "tib" file?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thewolfe, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewolfe

thewolfe Registered Member

A friend's hd running Vista will not load. I have a "tib" backup file of it from True Image 9.

The file is on my hd. Can I look into the "tib" file and look into his folders and copy folders to my drive.

My problem is that since his hd is Vista I can see his folders as a slave hd on my computer but can't access them to save his data. Access denied.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you have True Image loaded on your system you should be able to "mount" the .tib file and copy the folders you need.

Is your system also Vista? Thay may be giving you the "Access denied" message. Try booting in Safe mode and see if you can still launch True Image to mount the .tib file.

3. thewolfe

My system is running XP but I've tried 3 days of registry tweaks, safe mode, virtualpc running Vista, taking ownership, Linix......."Access denied" is all I've ever gotten.

I'm on about 5 different forums that gave me a lot of good info but nothing would get me into the folders that has all of my friends data in.

4. DwnNdrty

If it is just data like pictures, music, documents that your friend needs, you should be able to boot the problem system with a BartPE cd and copy those files to an external usb drive. If this works, no need to access the .tib file.

5. thewolfe

Would the BartPE be similar to Linix, Ubuntu......? Cause I've tried tried them.

6. DwnNdrty

I'm not familiar with Linux or Ubuntu in that regard.

7. thewolfe

I'll give it a try. Thanks

8. thewolfe

If I'm reading correctly I would need the original installation CD. Since this is an HP unit, all the install files are on the other partition of the drive.

9. DwnNdrty

Ah bummer ... I'm out of ideas.

10. thewolfe

I installed the drive back into the orig. computer and it booted up but still can't see the folders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.