Can a ZAP user use LnS

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by bibbe, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

I have been running ZAP for 4 years without really thinking about my firewall but now I would like to try Lns because of its smaller footprints and because there has been some problems with the new ZAP5. What I want to know is, can you run it without knowing a lot of how to handle firewalls and what kind of privacy program do you run?

bibbe

2. argonaut370

argonaut370 Guest

Yes, I use Za pro when i do p2p, because of the spi problem. Then I turn it off completly and use LNS for my normal needs. No problem.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Install LNS, load the enhanced rules set and that's it. Ideal for newbies.

Very small memory imprint and very stable. Support is also excellent and at the present time no annual fees, unlike ZA :)

4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

don't have two firewalls installed at the same time, even if you are running just one, some drivers can anyway loads and cause some conflicts.

If you will to try Look'n'Stop, uninstall any previous firewall.

regards,

gkweb.

5. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Tkankyou all, I was going to remove ZAP though I still got more than a year left, but I want something that works just as easy as ZAP has done, but a little lighter. Still got a quistion, what do you use instead of the privavy and javapart of ZAP?

bibbe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.