camstudio?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

does the latest version have spyware? CIS won't let me download it unless I turn of CIS. I'm not sure if I want to download it if CIS is flagging it.

2. guest

guest Guest

There are two contradicting info whether the recent version of CamStudio is ad-supported or not.
    hxxp://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Recording/Camstudio.shtml
    hxxp://www.videohelp.com/tools/CamStudio

It could also be a false positive. Did the recent version offer anything irrelevant like toolbars, recommended software, new homepage, etc?

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

GrafZeppelin, I tried to install it with CIS closed and i had a bunch of crap on my computer that I had to clean off. It changed my hompage and had a stupid toolbar. The worst part is you couldn't uncheck anything. It just installed it.

PaulBB, the CamStudio lite works great. Thanks.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

does have camstudio internal codec?
    i'm looking for a program with internal codec , i don't want to install codecs packs

thanks

7. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

CamStudio comes with its own 'CamStudio Lossless Codec' ; you don't have to install any other codec if you don't want to.

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Just pay close attention during the install. Uncheck any third party software offers, and click decline on the other offers. I installed the new version twice, and the only thing that was installed was CamStudio itself. No third party software of any kind was installed. The developers are just trying to raise some money so they can offered to continue it's development.

9. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    but in the homepage there is CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.5 (optional) download and there is a video how install them

10. guest

guest Guest

But the OP said...

So was the additional parts can be declined or not? o_O

11. guest

guest Guest

The additional codec was offered as an optional download in the past. By default, CamStudio has some codecs which, I assume, are actually the codecs built into Windows. The CamStudio's Lossless Codec was arguably the best codec to be used with CamStudio. There are also other codecs that can be used with it as well, like Lagarith and XviD if I'm not being mistaken. I have no idea if the recent versions include that additional codec by default or still keep it as optional. Or they just simply didn't update the homepage if it was the former.

12. HAN

HAN Registered Member

13. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I installed it on my machine twice, and nothing extra was installed. I just made sure to click decline on the additional offers. This was a month ago. It's possible the installer could have changed, but I doubt they force the user to install bloatware.

14. delerious

delerious Registered Member

I just downloaded the installer from camstudio.org and made sure to only accept the CamStudio agreement. I clicked Decline for all the other 3rd party crap, but it still installed this "Optimizer Pro" garbage on the system. Then I found out there's a different installer at sourceforge that doesn't include the 3rd party garbage, but it's a slightly older version of CamStudio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.