Camptune X Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by mkoh, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkoh

mkoh Registered Member

I set the slider to resize my partitions and then started the process. Camptune finished checking the Mac and Windows partition, but it's stuck on the screen that says "The disk layout is being modified according to your changes. Please be patient." It's been running for about 9 hours now, and the program is unresponsive. I am afraid to stop it because I fear that I'll lose my Bootcamp partition, but I don't want to let this thing run forever. Anyone know what's going on? Should it take this long to run?

2. Theawesomeness10

Theawesomeness10 Registered Member

I am having the same problem. Can anyone help? I'm running Lion v10.7.5

3. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

I apologize for the delayed response if you go into activity monitor and software is stalled, end the program restart enter the disk utility from the recovery disk or partition and verify and repair the mac partition then attempt the partition resize again.

4. tspar85

tspar85 Registered Member

I'm having this same issue but I can't tell if the program has stalled or not, doesn't look like it has. The other thing is I'm adding 100gb to the partition and I want to know if it's normally this long to do this before I do anything that might damage the partition. I'm living overseas and don't have access to any of my windows software so I'm very worried about losing it. The bar isn't one that moves either it's like a white and blue barbershop pole if you know what I mean.

5. zugvogel

zugvogel Registered Member

I had exactly the same issue, after 7 or so hours of the software doing nothing an hanging on one screen I killed the process, then:
    1) Shut down
    2) start holding control-R to start the recovery partition
    3) open Disk utility
    4) Repaired Permissions
    5) Repaired disk
    6) Started computer into MacOS partition
    7) installed NTFS Mount Trial from Paragon
    :cool: Opened Disk utility and repaired Bootcamp partition
    9) Started Camptune, ran it again and this time it completed successfully
    10) Started into Win7 on Bootcamp - all there, all good.

So I bought this program on the promise of saving time and I guess if the repair steps had not been needed this might be true. But since this seems such a common problem, I would suggest to the developers to make these steps mandatory to keep the frustration level down.

6. fish217

fish217 Registered Member

I'm having this same issue. I've followed the procedure in Matt's post and it still seems to get stuck on the 'Redistribute Free Space' screen where it says 'The disk layout is being modified according to your changes. Please be patient.' So far I've tried running the application twice and both times the progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way there, then stops moving. I've tried just letting it sit for a few hours but in the end nothing happens.

I'm running a 2010 iMac with a 1TB hard drive. I'm trying to increase my Windows partition from 80GB to 450GB and reduce my Mac partition from 920GB to 550GB. The Mac partition has roughly 650GB of free space before running Camptune, and after starting the process it goes down about 280GB of free space (in Disk Utility). I don't get my free space back until I restart in Recovery mode and repair the Mac disk.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Daniel

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. warpfactor7

warpfactor7 Registered Member

I had exactly the same problem. I tell you now I was completely foxed until I stumbled upon this forum. This was the bees knees for me and spank me with a damp flannel all worked exactly as described. Many many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.