CampTune X - not working - is Paragon a scam?

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by Petecom, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petecom

Petecom Registered Member

I paid for and downloaded CampTune X to enlarge my Windows drive on my MAC. The software keeps producing a failed error and doesn't work. (It lost my Windows drive so I can't even use Bootcamp to get to that area now).
    I have submitted the log files automatically to Paragon and also tried using their webform to submit a help query. Never have I had a reply or even an acknowledging of the submissions - they are not in the Trash area, either.

Does this company really exist? Is it just a scam?
    If not, does anyone on this forum know how to interpret their log files?

Regards

Pete

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

No, it is not a scam, if the software is not properly working, you can receive limited support either through this forum or through creating a ticket on the paragon-software.com website. If you purchased it through the website, you also have 30 days to return it if the software is not working.

3. Petecom

Great to hear this. Attached is one of the log files, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? (By the way, I can't post the whole set of files outputted here, because of file upload restrictions - agh…)

Matt - that system just doesn't work - or at least it doesn't appear to now. When you send in your logs directly from the software or by using the webform on their website, your request disappears into nowhere. You don't get an acknowledgement, reply or anything. The ticket system just doesn't work. Can you ask them to reply to me please?

I know you said it is 'limited support' from Paragon, but surely limited doesn't mean 'none at all', does it?

I hope it does not come to this, as i really do want to just change the size of my drives. However great to know that refunds are possible.

Pete

Attached Files:

4. Petecom

Re: CampTune X - now working

Have managed to contact support now using the direct email address of support@paragon-software.com. That appears to work unlike the website form or the automatic mail within the software itself.
    They have proposed a solution and it works. Hooray. Moreover my Windows drive has re-appeared.

My advice to anyone trying to use this software:
    1. You'll be lucky to get it work first time, so don't expect miracles.
    2. Copy the whole error log and email it to support@paragon-software.com and await their reply.

5. Paragon_Matt

Please first descride the issue you are having with the software in detail, what happened when you attempted, if you canceled out the process, if it error'd out, and what all you have done in an attempt to resolve the issue.

6. Petecom

Matt - Thanks for the post but as I said, the problem is now resolved.
    Pete

7. Paragon_Matt

Sorry about that Pete, I missed that last post congrats on getting everything back up and working.

8. anipperess

anipperess Registered Member

SO WHAT WAS THE FIX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.